What's new

Looking for a Mobile App for Self Serve and IBA

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on with the company? Was Coinless bought out? Closed up shop ?

Disappointing since it seemed like it was a nicely designed app.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on with the company? Was Coinless bought out? Closed up shop ?

Disappointing since it seemed like it was a nicely designed app.
I'll text Braden today and see if I can get an update on Coinless. Last time we texted, 2 weeks ago he said he "was transitioning away from Coinless." I'm frustrated too and not happy about the diminished customer support, you can no longer call for support - it's via email only, and no one replies! ☹ He apologized & said an announcement was coming out.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I decided to contact Jared, the owner of Coinless. Here is his text reply...

"We are in a transition phase with Braden being gone, but the technical team is still in place supporting the app. We are looking for a Braden replacement at the moment. Without a Braden in place we aren't onboarding any new locations at the moment, but existing locations are still good to go."

slash007

Reaction score
Halting new business because one person leaves is a scary prospect. I messaged Braden a couple week ago to ask what happened, but never heard back. He was really great to deal with. I wish him the best and hope everything is ok with him. I was one of the first adopters and have hundreds of customers across 4 locations. Would be really hard to have to figures things out if they shut down.

Keno

Reaction score
This is what concerns me about a lot of these new (and old for that matter) car wash companies, especially the technology oriented ones selling their products as SaaS. They can go out of business any day and all of a sudden none of your products work anymore. None of the new (or even older) companies are stable enough to sell their products in a SaaS model and hold your data and wash functionality hostage, in my opinion.

How many car wash companies have come and gone over the years - either through going out of biz or being bought and shut down? Can you imagine if when magic wand went out of business, my pump stand stopped working the next day? No way I could trust a carwash company selling their technology product as a SaaS to be such an integral part of my washes, just my 2 cents.

Coinless is a perfect example, but many other "stable" car wash companies come to mind also. We were heavily considering coinless, but will probably axe them off our list completely now, due to the instability they have shown in the last few weeks/months. While their features and functionality are really nice, I can't trust them to be so integral with our washes and customers over the long term

AquaAce

Reaction score
It truly is disappointing. I think I’ll just sit on the sidelines for now and revisit looking for an app at a later date.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Got a email from a guy named Conner on Thursday. He's catching up on emails. He is filling in for Braden until they find a permanent replacement. FWIW, Conner said Coinless intends to continue operations, which is good.

MO_Wash

Reaction score
Got a email from a guy named Conner on Thursday. He's catching up on emails. He is filling in for Braden until they find a permanent replacement. FWIW, Conner said Coinless intends to continue operations, which is good.
got a similar email Friday. I remain hopeful they can figure it out and learn some valuable lessons as a business to ensure long term viability.

slash007

Reaction score
That's great, but I also don't expect them to say that they don't intend to continue operating. Most companies that fail just close up shop one day.

MO_Wash

Reaction score
Also Beacon Mobile, but super expensive.
Yeah, Beacon is simply not viable for our size of business. One of the other two has a “no-compete” contract in place with the wash across town…my options are extremely limited. I’m hopeful Coinless can figure out a viable business model (and learn an extremely valuable lesson on business continuity planning) as I do like their service and they seem to have a decent grid of customers. Agree with others though, not good to be talking to the “temp guy” until they find a replacement for one guy. Time will truly tell whether they can rebound long term.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Yeah, Beacon is simply not viable for our size of business. One of the other two has a “no-compete” contract in place with the wash across town…my options are extremely limited. I’m hopeful Coinless can figure out a viable business model (and learn an extremely valuable lesson on business continuity planning) as I do like their service and they seem to have a decent grid of customers. Agree with others though, not good to be talking to the “temp guy” until they find a replacement for one guy. Time will truly tell whether they can rebound long term.
I'm not a huge Beacon fan but how is it not viable for your size of business? The way you describe your wash you fit their customer demo pretty well.

MO_Wash

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Beacon fan but how is it not viable for your size of business? The way you describe your wash you fit their customer demo pretty well.
Based on memory, and maybe I’m off base or mixing up pricing structure with someone else, but they are a straight monthly fee that’s a many X multiplier vs other options or others being usage based % - and “viable” vs preferred roi is more accurate

JKWash

Reaction score
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, that Touch4Wash has been absolutely wonderful for us. We’ve installed it at two locations with both self-serve and IBA‘s. Customer service is top notch and price is great. Tons of functionality and the customers love it.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Touch4Wash looks good. I like the appearance of Coinless better.

In the end I'm felling like the risk of attaching yourself to these small companies that either go out of business or get bought out, while paying damn near 10% of your gross to them, just isn't worth it.

I create loyalty by having the best wash in town. Highest pressure, best soap, everything working clean and new. If I have to I'll give the vac away for free to help.

ETA: Sorry to the atrocious spelling and voice to text errors before. lol

Last edited:
Etowah