What's new

Low pressure rain x for Laser 4000???

joep

Reaction score
check software

if you have a chip 19.0 you can run a foaming wax(Rain x)and Tri foam. You will have to wire the Rain x directly to the output card. Otherwise you will have to use it as a low pressure(foam wax) or a polysealant(water saver).

Kurt

Reaction score
We use a little ad-on PLC to get an additional LP pass. Wash one does Rain-x and wax, Wash 2 does just wax. I use the drying agent solenoid for the Rain-x.

Kurt

Mike

Reaction score
On older versions of software if the machine has 3X foam it will not have a lp wax (thu arch)

Newer software 19.0b and higher has the ablity to add a lp wax even with 3X and you will not lose any other functions.

It is a plumbing option number change, and you will have to add output cards up to the Y70 card and some fittings - check valves on your overhead.
Also will need a injector and danfoss valve.

If you have questions please call PDQ tech support.

We also recommend you use a two step soap if you are using Rain-X and you need a very clean car before you seal the car with rain x.

Laser Tracer

Reaction score
This is actually something that we have been trying to get to work. We are located in Michigan , and have a laser wash 4000. Awhile back we had you guys install tri foam. Upgrade our cards and install 19a version. This winter we decided the tri foam was to much maintiance. It seems even running no tips and methonal it continues to freeze. So we decided to switch to magic bond. To make a long story short The 3x is a productivity pass ,so the only option we had was the drying agent function. I tried to convert this pass to low pressure using a normaly closed relay. Energizing the relay with the y 26 output ,and breaking the contactor wire to the high pressure pump when energized. It works great other then when the pass is almost complete the Hp pump comes on for a few seconds. So are you suggesting using a time delay in place of where I installed the relay. I also wired the air in. One of my other questions are does everybody have problems such as ours in this cold climate with the 3x. We have no doors on our automatic, and its really not in the budget with the winter we've already had

Mike

Reaction score
The reason the hp pump is coming on is that we shut off the solution pump and chem valves at the mid limit flag going home and still run the hp pump to clean out the water - wax in the pump head and lines going out to bay. You could fix this by using a relay with a timer that extends the break of the run signal for hp pump. About 4 additional seconds should be enough.

Be advised, doing this will leave rain X in the pump head and line going out to bay, this can cause sealer to be put on during UC, or when we are rinsing after soap passes, this could effect car wash results by sealing in dirt and soap.

Mike

Reaction score
Also if you are not going to use trifoam any more you can just remove the option from the lasermind and you replump the machine to a normal arch foam pass and use rain - x, you would only have rain x then, no polish pass.

lag

Reaction score
Also if you are not going to use trifoam any more you can just remove the option from the lasermind and you replump the machine to a normal arch foam pass and use rain - x, you would only have rain x then, no polish pass.
Mike
If he has already added the new cards. could he not install 19.0b or higher ,and add a line to the overhead manifold. That way he could also use 3x during the summer months if wanted. Or did I miss something ?

lag

Reaction score
We use a little ad-on PLC to get an additional LP pass. Wash one does Rain-x and wax, Wash 2 does just wax. I use the drying agent solenoid for the Rain-x.

Kurt
This is the way I do it. If your not familiar with plcs, you could use latching relays.

Mike

Reaction score
Mike
If he has already added the new cards. could he not install 19.0b or higher ,and add a line to the overhead manifold. That way he could also use 3x during the summer months if wanted. Or did I miss something ?

Yes, If he already has all the electronics he can just change the chip and add a plumbing option number and it will come up in the cpu as a lp wax pass (thru arch) thus keeping the trifoam.

lag

Reaction score
Thanks Mike... sounded as if he had the electronics already. So changing the eprom would be the easiest way to add Rain-x.

lag

Reaction score
So what will the new card get me overall, We just had this upgraded a year and a half ago
In your post you stated you already added the needed I/O cards. All you need to do now is relpace a chip in your controller to get the needed extra LP pass for rain-x.

You may want to contact whoever sold you the upgrade ,and confirm all you need is the newer software.

jcollins

Reaction score
So what will the new card get me overall, We just had this upgraded a year and a half ago
This would depend on "which" new card you had installed. All L4000's came with the y-10, y-20, y-30, and y-40 output cards. If you had a door package option, hot water inject, reclaim valve, or wheel cleaners, the y-50 card would be added. If you have confirmation signage (bay signage on the passenger side wall), the y-60 output card would be added. If you had an alert option, the 60 input card would be added. The y-70 output card would be added if you were using trifoam and also wanted to be able to use a low pressure wax (or rainx) through the arch.
The 19.0a software chip you have in now will do this by using a different plumbing option number. With your machine using the y-24 output now for the trifoam danfoss valve, you'll have to wire a different danfoss valve to y-73 output for a low pressure wax pass ( which normally uses y-24 when trifoam is not an option) and plumb this danfoss valve to the overhead manifold.
Your distributor should be able to talk you this procedure on the phone, if you can do the plumbing and extra wiring.