What's new

LW 4000 spray arch scratched a car...

MDrost1

Reaction score
Folks,

Another newbie question. This past weekend my LW4000 impacted a 2 month old truck and the spray arch scratched the side of the truck to $690, ouch.
Question, is there a shelf life to the spray arch covers? Do they get hard over time? Is there a spray arch replacement cover that you'd recommend so that this won't happen? I currently have the pdq blue cover. Nozzles recessed about 1/2". Thanks!!!!

MDrost1

Reaction score
Arch impact that began at the drivers side bumper. Just slightly grazing it. Not causing enough pressure to set the impact off, but rubbing the side of the truck until it hit the mirror. Is this common? Ever happen to you? Fixes?

madscientist

Reaction score
Again, this could be an x30 problem. The side to side measurement seems to be off from time to time for you. Look at or change the x30 prox switch.

PEI

Reaction score
If it is a blue foam cover then it is a Wash World cover. PDQ offers a black foam cover or a Teal plastic cover from the M5. These are the covers I use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQce8qx-8uA#t=43
they need to be replaced every 7-8 years because they will begin to fade over time. They resist ice build up and with a good set of tip protectors greatly reduce damage claims. They are made of playground pole wraps that you can pick up at a good playground supply store. They come in a variety of colors and often come with matching cable ties. The down side is you have to lay out the holes and cut them yourself.