What's new

Mega Foamer idea

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a foamer like this as a presoak arch? This seems to dump a boat load of foam on the car. Should be a great show for the customer. Anyone seen or know of what it is? I'm sure i can make something from scratch but if its already out there, there is no sense in re-inventing the wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqean6XUS6g

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
That is something similar I think but different. Look at that break though! I wonder what the cpc is of that stuff.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I went and looked at it about 2 weeks ago. Car Wash Services of the Southeast came up with it as far as I know. It is impressive. It also has a waterfall rinse in the wash that just dumps water on the car. Gives a good show for sure.

packerscw

Reaction score
A LOT A LOT A LOT.....OF SOAP. it looks cool don't give me wrong, but we in the industry are still JUST WASHING CARS. If I was building a new wash from scratch I would for sure look at this equipment first.......Foaming heads and Tri-Foam can make a good look like that.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Better view here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1SkcIeNiU4&feature=related

Been trying to make somethinkl like this for a while. Wanted the foam gloppy like what comes out of my bay foam brushes. Even manifolded three six hole brushes above the arch. Did not have the desired effect. Next tried to run solutiona and air trhua 4 inch pipe.

Next I am thinking of using a rain type gutter to pump the foam into and let it overflow. Also thought of buying a party foam cannon but didn't want to spend the $ and not sure how they would hold up to a car wash demand.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wonder if something as simple as a PVC pipe with a long slot cut in the bottom would work. If I were to try something like that, I'd probably run liquid and air into both ends to try and keep the foam as even as possible.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You need the slot 1/2 to 3/4 way up the side. I'd shoot the air and liquid in at both ends. Maybe Start mixing the foam in a 1/2" tubing some distance before it hits the PVC.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Tried a 1" PVC Tube with a 1/2 inch tube isnide it. Slot cut in top. Hoped the foam would fill the tubbe and overflow evenly. Did not work. If you lisdten to the video he talks about the "Blower" I think that is the key. That is what the party foam cannons use. You need a lot of air volume. The compressor supply does not work. Was thinking of running as hose from a commercial vac motor exhaust.

http://atlantaspecialfx.com/Foam-Machine-Rental.htm

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I also have thought of using a Spa Blower.

One day I will have the time t play around. Seems the weed block babric is the key.