What's new

Micrologic Pegasus for the Self Service Wash

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
Gary Baright's latest creation. He asked Micrologic to build him a bill breaker, card dispenser, card recharge, receipt station and token note (Hamilton's) dispenser. http://youtu.be/DhKPecMnVrE

It's located at his Poughkeepsie, NY location which has self service bays, touchless in-bay automatic, foam in-bay automatic and three self service dog washes. He uses Micrologic's POS for the credit card transactions in the self service bays, vacuums, dog washes and the in-bay automatics. That third dispenser could hold and dispense anything the size of a bill including more singles. That Mars bill acceptor can accept coupons with barcodes printed on them. You can make your own. You could mail 10,000 customers around your wash a coupon with a unique one use barcode that could redeem a discount for a wash card. You could mail wash cards preloaded with $10 that could be used at your wash. Those cards could be reload at this station obviously.

I thought I'd share this since no one makes anything like this.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Sweet. If you ever get a chance to visit this wash do so. It's well worth it. Lots of innovative stuff going on there.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Gary Baright's latest creation. He asked Micrologic to build him a bill breaker, card dispenser, card recharge, receipt station and token note (Hamilton's) dispenser. http://youtu.be/DhKPecMnVrE

It's located at his Poughkeepsie, NY location which has self service bays, touchless in-bay automatic, foam in-bay automatic and three self service dog washes. He uses Micrologic's POS for the credit card transactions in the self service bays, vacuums, dog washes and the in-bay automatics. That third dispenser could hold and dispense anything the size of a bill including more singles. That Mars bill acceptor can accept coupons with barcodes printed on them. You can make your own. You could mail 10,000 customers around your wash a coupon with a unique one use barcode that could redeem a discount for a wash card. You could mail wash cards preloaded with $10 that could be used at your wash. Those cards could be reload at this station obviously.

I thought I'd share this since no one makes anything like this.
Tom,

Thanks for sharing Gary's very innovative TouchScreen Setup Video. We happened to be lucky enough to have had two regional Rockwell Int'l Micrologic Automation Fairs at our Civic Center here in Bismarck. I attended both along with some of their free classes. While locally there is not that great of support ... I could see that some of the application engineers from Mpls-St Paul & other larger population areas were very supportive.

One of the key advantages of Gary Baright-Micrologic's approach is that it appears to be PLC based ... which means potentially it is less proprietary when it comes to making "unforeseen initially" ... worthwhile revisions on both the touchscreen & whatever operational change that could surface. This week I will making a slight "in house very easy to do" revision to our two self service dog wash PLC-Touchscreens Combo so I can definitely relate! No need to mess with decals with the quickly done "less costly in my opinion" process!

Based on the video ... it sure looks like :) there is some wisely allowed spare space in Gary's custom made kiosk-touchscreen setup ... just in case "the more waterproof" higher denomination coins become more available ... for at least one coin hopper & its dispense path.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
Mike,

It's not a PLC. It's an industrial PC, that Micrologic has built for them, running Windows 7. It's similar, if not the same, as the control hardware that runs their tunnel controller. It has not moving parts like power supply fans and has a solid state hard drive. It's very reliable. Also to be clear this isn't "Gary's" device. He was the one who suggested Micrologic build one for their customers. Gary's the first to own one. Also know this isn't "Rockwell Int'l Micrologic Automation" it's Micrologic Associates. They are the only point of sale provider that provides software and hardware for self service bays (credit card clearing), dog washes (credit card clearing), exterior express tunnels, auto cashiers for tunnels or in-bay automatics, full service washes and oil change facilities. The point is that their wash cards can be used at any facility and they replicate to all sites in near real-time. So put $50 on a card and it can be used at a SS vacuum, SS bay, Dog wash, tunnel or IBA. To speak on your PLC thought. They don't try to make proprietary hardware. Many of the components are "off the shelf". Mars bill acceptor. Card dispenser. Credit card reader. Receipt printer. Coin acceptor. Etc. You could find those suppliers if you really wanted to.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Mike,

It's not a PLC. It's an industrial PC, that Micrologic has built for them, running Windows 7. It's similar, if not the same, as the control hardware that runs their tunnel controller. It has not moving parts like power supply fans and has a solid state hard drive. It's very reliable. Also to be clear this isn't "Gary's" device. He was the one who suggested Micrologic build one for their customers. Gary's the first to own one. Also know this isn't "Rockwell Int'l Micrologic Automation" it's Micrologic Associates. They are the only point of sale provider that provides software and hardware for self service bays (credit card clearing), dog washes (credit card clearing), exterior express tunnels, auto cashiers for tunnels or in-bay automatics, full service washes and oil change facilities. The point is that their wash cards can be used at any facility and they replicate to all sites in near real-time. So put $50 on a card and it can be used at a SS vacuum, SS bay, Dog wash, tunnel or IBA. To speak on your PLC thought. They don't try to make proprietary hardware. Many of the components are "off the shelf". Mars bill acceptor. Card dispenser. Credit card reader. Receipt printer. Coin acceptor. Etc. You could find those suppliers if you really wanted to.
Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to clear that up. I was so goofy that I thought you had misspelled Micrologix which would be the correct spelling for the Rockwell Int'l Allen Bradley Micrologix PLC Family of Products that I was referring to.

I would think that an up to date industrial computer - touch screen combo would be even more versatile than a PLC & possibly allow for even more "off the shelf component" choices ... so it sounds like Gary has a winner!

I bet that Micrologic Associates has C++ & Assembly language programmers & engineers on staff ready to add whatever features & options a car wash owner or prospective owner can imagine for them!

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

mgonzalez

Reaction score
Hello Mike;

There are actually a couple Micrologic's out there spelled all different ways. We just happen to be the Car Wash guys..:) Micrologix does have some nice PLC equipment from what I have seen.

We indeed do a lot of programming with C++ and we have our own Electrical and Mechanical engineers on staff. It allows us to quickly add features and customize different things for our customers. We use Industrial Level component for the majority of our solutions including the "Brains" of that machine as well as our Tunnel and Gate controllers. We try and select the best components available for integration in our products. Having developed and designed a multitude of custom solutions for our customers makes it fairly easy to piece together new products.

Miguel Gonzalez
Micrologic Associates

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Only thing it doesn't do is serve lattes!

Curious as to why you didn't include a coin dispenser? Also, anything on the roadmap to go mobile with the app so you can load a card on the fly like at Starbucks?

Kevin James

Reaction score
So here’s the question of the day. What does this unit cost? Is it vandal resistant?

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
Our Micrologic auto cashiers at our IBA's do have coin dispensers. It's an option in the Pegasus. We load it with tokens at the moment and offer a wash package that includes the "Works Wash" and dispenses two tokens for $24.99. It also has a bill dispenser for making change. Mobile app? With the ICA show around the corner I'd expect to see something that does just that.

Etowah