What's new

Minimum Effort, Maximum Effect?

Sirrealist

Reaction score
Aloha All!

I do not enjoy washing cars, unfortunately. I find it to be more a chore I have to get done than something I want to do. It's the contact part that I do not enjoy. I have a lot of back pain and pretty bad GERD. I just bought a new car and I really want to take proper care of it. I just got it detailed and some protections put on from Ceramic Pro: KAVACA tint, KAVACA PPF on the front end and Ultimate ION coating.

The idea behind getting the ceramic coating was to hopefully reduce the amount of effort/time it takes to properly care for my car. Since I've put a fair amount of $ into it now, I am willing to do the work to do it right, but I do want to do the minimum necessary for this. In other words, I am not an enthusiast who just wants to do it for fun, I want to do it right, but nothing that isn't important.

I was looking for info on how to do it right and so far the video I like best is this one. I already have a blower, pressure cleaner (1600 psi) and buckets with grit guards. I'd need to buy the pump sprayer, foam cannon and chemicals. I've broken down the video into what I see as (10) steps to do a proper cleaning. I also didn't want to buy a bunch of different chemicals from different sites/manufacturers, so I did more research and it seems like I can get everything from CARPRO. Below I've listed the steps, application methods and the CARPRO product (along with others he mentions for comparison, to verify I have the correct CARPRO product).

My hope is to be able to do a contactless wash most of the time. If/when it gets really first, I can use a 2 bucket method to do the wash (step 6) when it's necessary, but I otherwise want to keep it as quick/effortless as possible. I'll also get 4 separate bottles with caps for the foam cannon so I can easily switch chemicals and rinse. What do you all think? Do I have the right CARPRO products for each step?

1) Prerinse & Rinse
Use Goizper iK Multi PRO 2 Pump Sprayer to apply:
CARPRO ECH20 (1:200 dilution)
Optimum No Rise

2) Wheels & Tires: Clean & Rinse
Use MTM Hydro PF22.2 foam cannon to apply:
CARPRO MultiX (1:10 dilution)
P&S - Break Buster

3) Paint: Prewash & Rinse
CARPRO Lift (1:10 dilution)
Adam's Mega Foam

4) Paint: Wash & Rinse
CARPRO Reset (1:9 dilution)
Gyeon Restart Wash

5) Paint/Glass/Wheels: Protection & Drying Aid
CARPRO HydrO2 Foam (1:9 dilution)
P&S Bead Maker

6) Dry
Leaf blower

7) Glass
Use microfiber cloth to apply:
CARPRO Clarify
Stoner Invisible Glass

8) Tire Shine & Protection
Use Adam's Hex Grip Pro Applicator to apply:
CARPRO DarkSide or Perl
Chemical Guys VRP

9) Interior: Clean & Protect
CARPRO InnerQD
Adam's Interior Detailer

washnshine

Reaction score
Aloha All!

I do not enjoy washing cars, unfortunately. I find it to be more a chore I have to get done than something I want to do. It's the contact part that I do not enjoy. I have a lot of back pain and pretty bad GERD. I just bought a new car and I really want to take proper care of it. I just got it detailed and some protections put on from Ceramic Pro: KAVACA tint, KAVACA PPF on the front end and Ultimate ION coating.

The idea behind getting the ceramic coating was to hopefully reduce the amount of effort/time it takes to properly care for my car. Since I've put a fair amount of $ into it now, I am willing to do the work to do it right, but I do want to do the minimum necessary for this. In other words, I am not an enthusiast who just wants to do it for fun, I want to do it right, but nothing that isn't important.

I was looking for info on how to do it right and so far the video I like best is this one. I already have a blower, pressure cleaner (1600 psi) and buckets with grit guards. I'd need to buy the pump sprayer, foam cannon and chemicals. I've broken down the video into what I see as (10) steps to do a proper cleaning. I also didn't want to buy a bunch of different chemicals from different sites/manufacturers, so I did more research and it seems like I can get everything from CARPRO. Below I've listed the steps, application methods and the CARPRO product (along with others he mentions for comparison, to verify I have the correct CARPRO product).

My hope is to be able to do a contactless wash most of the time. If/when it gets really first, I can use a 2 bucket method to do the wash (step 6) when it's necessary, but I otherwise want to keep it as quick/effortless as possible. I'll also get 4 separate bottles with caps for the foam cannon so I can easily switch chemicals and rinse. What do you all think? Do I have the right CARPRO products for each step?

1) Prerinse & Rinse
Use Goizper iK Multi PRO 2 Pump Sprayer to apply:
CARPRO ECH20 (1:200 dilution)
Optimum No Rise

2) Wheels & Tires: Clean & Rinse
CARPRO MultiX (1:10 dilution)
P&S - Break Buster

3) Paint: Prewash & Rinse
CARPRO Lift (1:10 dilution)
Adam's Mega Foam

4) Paint: Wash & Rinse
CARPRO Reset (1:9 dilution)
Gyeon Restart Wash

5) Paint/Glass/Wheels: Protection & Drying Aid
CARPRO HydrO2 Foam (1:9 dilution)
P&S Bead Maker

6) Dry
Leaf blower

7) Glass
CARPRO Clarify
Stoner Invisible Glass

8) Tire Shine & Protection
Use Adam's Hex Grip Pro Applicator to apply:
CARPRO DarkSide or Perl
Chemical Guys VRP

9) Interior: Clean & Protect
CARPRO InnerQD
Adam's Interior Detailer
If you don’t enjoy washing your car and have lower back pain and pretty bad GERD, I’d bring it to the local car wash of your choice. It will save you time, money, the hassle of doing a chore you admittedly do not like doing and further aggravation of your lower back pain and GERD.

MEP001

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous process for a personal car. The YouTube video is for how to professionally clean and detail a high end sports or luxury car with a paint job that costs up to $10,000. What are you driving?

Just get a foam cannon and a good product for it, spray off your car with high pressure to remove any grit, use the foam cannon for your preferred soap, and wash it with a soft mitt. Then rinse and dry with a clean cotton or microfiber towel. Or take it to a SS, ask them if you can use your bucket as long as it isn't busy, use high pressure to remove any grit, wash it with your mitt and soap, then rinse, spot free, and their blower if they have one. Assuming their spot free works properly, it will dry without spots.

MEP001

Reaction score
Also if you want to see useful videos of washing an everyday car, look up Car Cleaning Guru on YouTube. He's a professional who cleans cars in his driveway with inexpensive equipment. Most of his steps can be done without bending down. Tire brush on a long handle, for example.

Sirrealist

Reaction score
OP states: "I do not enjoy washing cars"... and provides a long list of steps OP uses to 'detail' wash his car. Take it to a carwash.
It's not the steps I use, I'm trying to figure out what that should be. It's a proposal, I haven't bought or done any of it yet. I'm asking.

Sounds like I was way off on what's important to do a good job at home. Sounds like maybe I can cut most of it out? I want to be able to do it at home. Maybe just steps 4 (wash) and 6 (dry), and the glass/wheels/interior as needed. Can I do the wash contactless and still get a good result?

Also if you want to see useful videos of washing an everyday car, look up Car Cleaning Guru on YouTube. He's a professional who cleans cars in his driveway with inexpensive equipment. Most of his steps can be done without bending down. Tire brush on a long handle, for example.
Awesome, thank you.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can I do the wash contactless and still get a good result?
You can get it reasonably clean, but the process you posted vs just soaping and spraying are vastly different. I lined out some simple steps for you that will result in a clean car with minimal effort.

This forum is not for DIY advice. It's for professional owners/operators to get help and share ideas. I feel like you've gotten all you need to know here.

Sirrealist

Reaction score
You can get it reasonably clean, but the process you posted vs just soaping and spraying are vastly different. I lined out some simple steps for you that will result in a clean car with minimal effort.

This forum is not for DIY advice. It's for professional owners/operators to get help and share ideas. I feel like you've gotten all you need to know here.
Roger that, thank you.