What's new

Missing Pitzer, not much here anymore

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Another problem is the name of the forum. I tell operators about it quite often, usually to elicit the response "Now what was the name again?", to which I reply slowly "Auto...care...forum". If it was "Car wash forum" it wouldn't need the repeat and wouldn't really need to be remembered. For the life of me, I can't understand Bill's reasoning for changing the name to something harder to convey:confused:

Overachiever

Reaction score
I know that, but if it was just the name that everyone has known it by for years, and what it actually is, it seems it would be a lot simpler.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but it makes sense to me.
How long has it been autocareforum? Thats the name I know it by, haha.

In any case it looks like they did a good job of transferring over to this domain name as from an SEO perspective everything is properly being redirected to this domain and you can't really find any dead links going to the old domain on Google.

I am a web developer as my full time job and one thing that I think might help acquire more members would be to have those archive pages like http://www.autocareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-6220.html go to the full post page instead http://www.autocareforum.com/showthread.php?6220-Top-selling-vending-products

Seems like when I come from Google I land on one of those archive pages more times than not. If it was changed more people coming from Google can better see they can join the community, see other posts in the forum, be exposed to more of those banner ads, etc.

Also with some creativity the forum might be able to do some things to encourage more user participation to try and get some of the 'lurkers' to be posting members.

WikiWash

Reaction score
I'd like to see this forum to have "like" buttons under each comment similar to facebook. Because some of you guys have some really interesting points and some really funny comments. Hitting the like button will keep me from cluttering up a thread and moving it off track. Side note keep the thank you button as well.

Eric H

Reaction score
I'd like to see this forum to have "like" buttons under each comment similar to facebook. Because some of you guys have some really interesting points and some really funny comments. Hitting the like button will keep me from cluttering up a thread and moving it off track. Side note keep the thank you button as well.
Like!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Just read this thread. I hope it doesn't close!! This place is a valuable resource for new operators like me! I'll be taking over the family business 1/1/15. It's got 3 ss bays and an IBA. (Hydro-Spray 2000). I've helped on winter week-ends for 35 years but now the "whole show" will be mine. My Pop is 89 with 45 yrs in the business,but now he can't remember what you call the "thing in the box over there that turns off the electricity to the machine that makes the air". When I need help, this is where I'll come. I'll be asking about verifiers,pump rebuilds,lighting...and stuff that I don't know I don't know!

Hope this forum is around for a long time!! Chuck.

cdreed06

Reaction score
I for one sure appreciate this forum. I have gotten lots of good advice. In the next couple days it will be 3 years for us and we have only known this forum as it is now. It's really great. Hope I can help some others like they have helped me.