What's new

Mounting air shamee on the roof?

Noob

Reaction score
I have a flat metal roof at the wash. I don’t have an attic. I’m not really a fan of mounting the motors in the bays. Has anyone ever mounted them on a flat roof?

Tim.peele

Reaction score
I have 4 first 2 I mounted up high in bays no problems a year later I put next 2 in attic huge mistake even on flat roof I feel like you will have similar problems that I had

Noob

Reaction score
What kind of problems did you have?

Tim.peele

Reaction score
The vacuum hose coming out of the motor through the ceiling kept unraveling I had to change it several times also hose in attic kept blowing off I switched to a heavy duty 2 inch hose similar to what a septic tank pumper uses and used extra hose clamps that fixed it also had to put an attic fan at one end of my building to try to keep the temperature down the air coming out after about 4 to 5 minutes of usage was 150°. My outside dryers in the bay out of the sun the temperature is still gonna get 130°. But I have no issues at that temperature. I feel like you put them on your flat roof. The sun is going to directly hit them and you’ll probably get the same temperature that I was getting on the ones in my attic. If you need me to send some pictures, just let me know, but I believe you would definitely regret it if you put them on the roof.

washnshine

Reaction score
I do not have dryers in my bays, but I’m also guessing that with a greater increase in hose length (like you would get with a roof mount), you loose some velocity coming out of the nozzle.