What's new

My new LED Outside lighting

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I started to switch out some of the outside lights with leds. I had six 175MH on the building and went to 3-50watts LED lights with the refractive lens and 3 -30 watt lights They all came with photocells. The 50 watt lights are really a good 250w MH replacement at about $400 from my electrician. Extremely solid aluminum case. With a 5 yr warranty i won't be replacing bulbs out in the cold anymore, also saving about 1KWH per hour at night.

http://www.cooperindustries.com/con...829374.solutions.lighting!led!wall_mount.html

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I started to switch out some of the outside lights with leds. I had six 175MH on the building and went to 3-50watts LED lights with the refractive lens and 3 -30 watt lights They all came with photocells. The 50 watt lights are really a good 250w MH replacement at about $400 from my electrician. Extremely solid aluminum case. With a 5 yr warranty i won't be replacing bulbs out in the cold anymore, also saving about 1KWH per hour at night.

http://www.cooperindustries.com/con...829374.solutions.lighting!led!wall_mount.html
Whale,

I am seeing the 50 watt LEDs within your link. Do have a link for the 30 watt LEDs that you guys put in handy?

Mike

washnvac

Reaction score
Check with your local utilities. I have a store in Maryland on Delmarva Power. This is a 13 bay car wash with 3 equipment rooms, and a large 2 bay garage. I am getting ALL brand new fixtures for the entire site; inside and out. This project includes installation. On a $23,000 contract, I will pay only $10,000. My first year estimated electric savings is $6500 on my burn schedule.

This is putting in all new T-8 fixtures in the bays and equipment rooms, and leds for the lot and building exterior lighting. It was pretty much a "no brainer" decision. Plus I will get a few bucks selling the old fixtures which are only 10 years old.

Just FYI for all the guys that have not checked utility rebates available.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Econolight rocks

Econolight rocks. I have many of their exterior led fixtures and they are great. I had one led fixture fail over a year after install. They checked and found it was in a manufacturing run that had some known problems. They shipped free replacements for all 3 fixtures I had bought even though the other two we're working fine. Btw those two are still working fine. Great products, unbelievable service. I am 100% satisfied.