What's new

My New Toy

jimbeaux

Reaction score
I never thought I would want an AR-15 type rifle until lately, but, I just bought myself one. I have tried to justify it to my wife and myself in so many ways until I just have to admit now that I WANTED IT! I love to shoot and this is the most fun rifle to shoot I've ever had. Even though ammo is cheap you can spend a small fortune just plinking. Great Christmas toy.

Merry Christmas

MEP001

Reaction score
You'll shoot your eye out!

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve had numerous M-16/AR-15’s since 1968. My wife just got a M-4, now that a nice tool to have in the tool box. I’m looking at a .308 AR-10 now

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I don't behave well enough for my wife to be that heavily armed. I'd never sleep a wink.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Anyone know what the best handgun version of a BB gun is. I just want to scare away critters from my yard.

MEP001

Reaction score
Look at the models the professional shooters use. They cost about $600, but they use regular BB's and are very accurate.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Look at the models the professional shooters use. They cost about $600, but they use regular BB's and are very accurate.
Assuming you are talking about animals of reasonable size and if you are close enough, an airsoft gun might work.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
hmmm, Atlanta, critters in your yard... I can guess what :)

Assuming neighbors are close, I'd probably get an airsoft. bb's do ricochet and can go 100 yds even from a cheap gun - window get these tiny bb holes in them easier than you'd think, angry visits to your parents again, ugly scene best to be avoided.
The cheaper airsoft's break, get a slightly better one & its still not expensive. Also you want a noise when you shoot - if the gun is quiet, yell "boo" or something when you shoot, that way you can train them to run at the noise & you dont need the bb gun all the time.
Also, you do need to hit them a couple times to really reinforce the "training."

Lots of fun though :)