What's new

Need 7" polisher suggestion

Ron Swanson

Reaction score
I need an ok quality dual action DA 7" polisher. It'll get just DIY type use so it doesn't need to be as high in quality as say a professional would need. Been spending a lot of $$ lately on tools/equipment so I'm trying to save some here.

Hopefully there's something out there around the $100 range. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

Reaction score
I've gotten advice elsewhere this HF polisher is good but needs a few upgrades. Do you know what kinds of upgrades are available for this polisher?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think they do whats called a "washer mod" to those. You could probably find more on a detail forum such as autogeek.

Griots makes a decent polisher with a lifetime warranty IIRC.

I have a Rupes bigfoot 15mm, There are supposedly some decent Chinese ripoffs that I see on various forums.

Ron Swanson

Reaction score
Yeah Greg that Rupes looks like a great polisher.

I'm finding used Griot's G9s on the ebay for about 100. Lots of them look almost brand new, except they're offered without the wrench that comes in the box. How important is that wrench and what kind of trouble might I run into if I got one used without that wrench?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I don't know where my wrench is, but I guess you might need it to change backing plates when the hook and loop wears out. Oh, a lot of budget minded people are buying the Chinese maxshine polishers too. Check out the youtube channel apex detail. He's tested a couple of the cheaper polishers