What's new

New member question on pricing

CleanCar1990

Reaction score
We are lucky enough that not too many self serve wash's are around ours within 15 minute drive i know of 2 how far away do you survey when checking comp pricing and what is your average pricing on your bays and vacs

washnshine

Reaction score
It’s not only distance, it’s also location. Are your customers likely to go to a competitor because they are on a more traveled road, in a more desirable neighborhood etc.? To say x amount of miles or minutes isn’t always accurate - especially in a denser populated location where people can find themselves driving through many areas for work, shopping , dining etc.

CleanCar1990

Reaction score
That is a great point thank you i will have to take a deeper look around and see

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I dont care about what a competing wash is doing in terms of pricing. I focus on having the best place, good chemicals, and clean facility. In relation I charge accordingly for this. Yes some customers complain, for example "well the wash down the street is so much... " my response is always the same, "well why aren't you down there then....?" They always start washing right after that.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I have a very clean & modern 5-bay SS. From 2020 - 2023, my wash prices were $3 for 5 minutes. When the dirty and poorly maintained SS car wash up the street from me raised their prices to match mine late 2023, I quickly raised my prices to $4 for 5 minutes. I kept the same time, to not mess with customer's washing routine. I just invested $25k in new vacuums and customers appreciate that I keep improving my wash, for them! 🤑