What's new

New meterboxes

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Looking at new boxes from dultmeier- they look fairly durable on the mega meters, but others only 12 ga steel.
National Prides look like the toughest, especially if you look at their you tube video. They get into a KR box in 8 secs,
And don't get into theirs. Has anyone retrofitted with these boxes, or any experiences with crime boys!

BBE

Reaction score
We re did all our bays with etowah valley's meter boxes a while back. Been extremely happy with them. And Jim was great to work with.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I did 7 new Ginsan Ultimate extreme's finished a couple month's ago. Very happy with how they turned out. Less wiring to deal with to bays, cost was very good.. My only concerns are what is going to happen with our Cryptopay swipers with the upcoming changes??? And a couple small validator issues?? Did install ourself saved a boatload of money doing this, and was not to difficult to do.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
BBE, pgrzes & others,

Did you two & others go with the vandal resistant momentary switches instead of rotary switches? We went from toggles to touchpad membrane back in 1987 & a few years ago we went with close to vandal proof momentary switches so I really don't have a good feel for how much maintenance there is vs the rotary switch route. I am assuming some operators have experience with both approaches.

If GinSan, Etowah & others make & revise their distribution boards with improved & more trouble free electronics ... that could be a possible wave in the future & a positive for the customer, the operator, & the better manufacturer vs the much more common rotary switch. Just a thought & my opinion ... certainly not Gospel. If Whale & others are extra comfortable with rotary switches ... it is hard to measure how much increased business might come from the menu style buttons with the LED feedback that occurs with each specific selection.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

pgrzes

Reaction score
My new boxes have a monetary push button with an led in the middle of it. I like that when you push your selection the button stays lit for that selection, of course people still have problems!!! I had older Ginsan touchtrons that had regular buttons and had very few problems with them, just the boxes were to small to make any changes. Doug from Ginsan was great to work with, we installed ourself and our customers love the new look and features. Now I just need to recoup some of the $$$ I laid out for them to fill the 2 open functions that I have available.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Mike how did you switch to touch pads, you installed them ?
Whale,

In 1987 we had Specialty from Minneapolis install ... according to them ... the most advanced $$$ coin meter ever. A problem was that those latest & greatest were discontinued within 5 years later. The distribution boards ... when they got wet enough ... they would temporarily give out free time until dried out. Other than sealing them better they also should have made them repairable in an affordable way. The good news is that the boards never needed repair until after 18-25 years & we had enough spare back ups. So we got by until we converted them with close to vandal proof stainless steel momentary buttons using a GinSan's board (thanks to Dan Kamsickas) we improvised with some tiny Phoenix relays, tiny screwless Phoenix terminal stips & tiny LEDs. Whatever boxes you get ... it is wise & more ideal to get some that can have more universally sized replacement front plates like KR sells as part of the aftermarket. Our boxes were oddball size so we had to go a very difficult customization route by us ... tailor made new replacement front plates. We then attached next to those boxes Etowah's bill acceptor boxes & wired the bill acceptors in ... properly crimping Molex Jr quick disconnects to Dixmor LED7s.

I personally think the more menu style buttons have potential over the more common rotary switches ... but it would hinge on the quality coming out of the manufacturer - distributors.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html