What's new

New modem for WashSelect II

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Apparently MasterCard is introducing new cards starting in January that start with a number other than a 5. Because of this the old dial up modems in the WS II's won't recognize them. If you want to accept those cards and stick with dial up you'll need a new modem at the cost of $1500. Does anyone know the specific model number of this new modem?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I guess you have confirmed this with Unitec?

I wonder how big a problem that will be. A small percentage use mastercard, and an even smaller percentage will have the new card number. But that will be a strong incentive to convert to cryptopay when my modem goes bad.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I guess you have confirmed this with Unitec?

I wonder how big a problem that will be. A small percentage use mastercard, and an even smaller percentage will have the new card number. But that will be a strong incentive to convert to cryptopay when my modem goes bad.
I did confirm this with Unitec.

As for the number of people using Mastercard you might be surprised. I just checked a sample of 45k transactions and 40% of them were M/C. I don't know the rate at which these cards are replaced but I would think a 20% turnover is a fair estimate.

jenward

Reaction score
GoBuckeyes is correct. There are actually 2 industry changes that may impact one's ability to process credit cards. The first is the above-mentioned MasterCard change. The other is a security protocol change that may impact PCI compliance.
Unitec is ready to support you with this transition and have staff dedicated to answering questions and assist with processing orders. For more information about these changes and to determine if your equipment needs to be updated, please visit our home page and click the link provided.
Thank you,
Jen Ward
Unitec
www.StartwithUnitec.com