What's new

New Owner looking to learn

jaudas

Reaction score
Good evening - we recently purchased a self serve and IBA wash. Is there a good place to start or thread to search for to learn as much as I can about the parts of the car wash. I have been reading through the threads, but many of the questions and comments are specific, so I am looking for a more general starting point to explain parts and what some of them do. The previous owner has been great, but if there is a thread or someone knows of another place that goes through explaining parts and equipment, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

jaudas

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate that. I am not sure where to start, it is figuring out what is nice to know and what do I need to know.
Besides making sure all functions of the wash work, when you are on location what are you checking routinely for preventative maintenance?
Do you have a checklist, either written or mentally, that you go through every time, then weekly, monthly?
Again, we are just getting started and are very new. Really appreciate any input! Thanks again.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the automatic wash came with an owners manual you can look in there for suggested maintenance intervals, items, etc. There's probably a list of spare parts to keep on hand, too.

Check functions of equipment, drain water out of air compressor, look for leaks both outside in bays and inside equipment room.

jaudas

Reaction score
That helps. If you sold your wash today to someone, what would you want to make sure they know about running it?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
That helps. If you sold your wash today to someone, what would you want to make sure they know about running it?

Wow...personally way too much to type here. Also each wash is different so what applies to 1 may not apply to another. I have the same pump stands in all 4 of my washes and their not the same.

Bottom line keep it clean, keep it running, keep it lit up at night.

I have rotary switches so I make sure they turn freely, no coin jams in bays, vacs, vending. Test all the functions on my bays. Check for leaks at swivels or joints. Feel hp hose for any vibration.

Vacs test suction and make sure no jams. Test fragrance or shampoo every other day.

Vending check coin jams and stocked with product

Inside ER....no leaks, check pressures on pumps and product gages Tri foam TC and FB. Check chemical tanks make sure product looks good inside the tanks and hydrominder isn't leaking or showing signs of failing...maybe activate float if water level allows it

I'm sure there is more......

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Make sure the wash is always presentable to the public. For maintenance check in the manuals for the equipment you have for servicing. If you weren't given any manuals or service intervals, the company of the equipment should be able to send you PDFs for them., otherwise they are usually on their website. When first starting out. I would definitely get a good relationship with your local equipment/soap rep. They have usually seen most problems with washes as they are servicing lots of customers.

MudMoney

Reaction score
All good suggestions from veteran operators. So here is my 2 cents for evening reading. Get catalogs from car wash supply companies and go thru them page by page to review parts, which will lead to more questions and ability to converse with techs and owners correctly without calling parts " thingamajig ". I realize this is old school vs the internet, whatever method works for you.

jaudas

Reaction score
Appreciate all the comments. I have been looking through the Kleenrite and Dultmeier catalogs plus the Carwash Superstore websites, so I am starting to recognize some parts. There are some youtube videos, but not as much, so it is a little helpful.
My brands are Ginsan with Cat Pumps for Self serve, Oasis Typhoon is the IBA, pay station is Autocashier, using Cryptopay for SS and Exact/Hamilton for the IBA. I do not remember on Vacuums, I will look.

jaudas

Reaction score
My soap supplier has been SUPER helpful, I have relied on him quite a bit. So that is a great piece of advice.