What's new

Oasis XP hydrolic pump trips

SHINEY2

Reaction score
My new XP [6 months old] keeps stopping shortly after starting. It gets to the rear end of the vehicle and the hydrolic pump breaker trips....then the go light comes on, and the door opens and the customer has to drive off with a car covered in presoak. We put a new breaker in and cant seem to find any reason for this. It happens more and more often - latly about every 5 to 10 cars.

Anyone been down this road before???

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I have had the same issue before but it has bee awhile. We also had the breaker replaced but did not fix the issue. How many PSI are you running on the high pressure? We had hell with the unloader sticking and causing a bunch of issues. I can't remember what we did to fix it. I quit the company that was servicing the machine shortly after the issue started. Have you call Jerry at Oasis?

SHINEY2

Reaction score
Jerry at Oasis is the one who sent the new breaker....they dont recall ever having this issue, so they are not sure what to do about it. I was hoping someone out there on this site would remember a trick...

Happy thanksgiving - thanks for your input, if you end up remembering what you did- please give me a shout!!!

Tim

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Look at the start up/run amperage. Something there could be tripping the breaker.

termn8tr

Reaction score
Yes, this happened to us. Try adjusting the hydraulic pressure adjustment on hydraulic pressure valve. ( Ours was set at 800psi and was suppose to be set at 1400 psi). This was the reason the machine was getting stuck near the rear and aborting washes.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
If the breaker is tripping that means the motor/pump assembly is pulling too many amps, About the only thing that causes that is for the fluid to not have a place to go. It's possable there is some foreign object in the line that blocks it, or the solenoid valve may be losing its signal and closing. I wish I had a dollar for every time a manufacturer said they had never seen this before.

MikeV

Reaction score
Usually it is the pressure relief valve that causes that. I had to go through 3-4 relief valves before it worked correctly. They have a tendency to stick or not open properly and cause an overpressure situation tripping the motor or blowing out the gauge.

SHINEY2

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help....We ended up turning down the pressure on the pump from 1400 to 1350 and that has seemed to fix this.

:)