What's new

Old Hamilton Stacker issue.

Reaction score
Hello! I'm baaaaack!! Well, I managed to fix last winter's hopper issues,now the stacker is in trouble. The stacker is a model # 36-0036 from 1989. I believe the gear box is shot. The unit will no longer extend the shoe far enough to secure the bills. I have had it apart at least a dozen times. First thing I did was replace the burned resistor and capacitor. It is not binding.

What I would like to do is fool the verifier into thinking the stacker is in place and just collect the bills in a box for now. How can I do that? We are going to do a major up grade of our operation this fall.

Thank-you for your assistance! Chuck.

MEP001

Reaction score
There should be a small bypass jumper plug with a purple wire looped to two of the pins zip-tied to the stacker harness plug. Just plug that bypass jumper in to use a box.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Typically these stackers are very reliable. Many, many of them have been removed from service because of conversions to different brand validators. I sold probably a dozen on ebay over the years, usually not getting more than 20 bucks or so. These things should be lying around eq. rooms everywhere. Keep your eyes open and you should be able to find a good used one for little to nothing.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will look for the plug,but I don't remember seeing it. Most likely gone. Which two wires get the jumper? Chuck.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hell, I've been throwing them away when I switch to Mars acceptors.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I don't. I just got to a point where I had too much stuff like that sitting around thinking I'm going to need it someday and convinced myself to throw things out instead.

Randy

Reaction score
The Hamilton single stacker #36-0036 are pretty much a throw away part. There are so many used ones around that they aren’t worth much of anything. I’ve got 8 or 10 of them that I'd like to get rid of.

I bought a single stacker on EBay a while back. It was listed at .99 with FREE shipping, I didn’t really want it but bid on it thinking someone else would out bid me, that didn’t happen and I was forced to buy it for .99. The seller wasn’t very happy that he had to pay the FREE shipping. He thought that it would have sold for a lot more than .99.