What's new

Opinions on the SoftGloss MAXX

Etowah

CMDguy

Reaction score
Aidan Wantz of Brushcom, Gabe Tan a big Peco Distributor, Brody Hendricks of Coach's Carwash, and Marius Pollux of Sweetwater Express just to name a few.
Don't forget Steve, a veteran of this forum. I'm glad to talk to him and know that he was once like me. If he's seeing this, I thank him for doing so much for me, Thomas, MWCW and a lot of other people.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
There was no need to state this. MWCW said this in the OP.
No, he didn't. He's doing the same play-acting as you and your other friends. You're all liars pretending to be owners/operators, giving advice on things you know nothing about. I haven't bickered, you do when you try to defend yourself by claiming I said something that I didn't. I am in my lane. If he wants to ask about a car wash, in reality he should state where he is in life before he asks someone to spend their time answering. That would be the polite thing to do, but instead you lash out at me calling me rude for putting that truth out there for you. Look at other posts where they ask about a machine, they usually give their background and where they are in the industry. You guys don't because you're trying to pose as something you're not. The only true stuff in your posts is what the forum owner PUT THERE for you.

CMDguy

Reaction score
I plan to build a wash in the future
Does this look like he didn't state where he was? He obviously said his current position in the industry was that he doesn't have a wash yet. And nobody here is "pretending" to be an owner or operator

Etowah
Reaction score
If he wants to ask about a car wash, in reality he should state where he is in life before he asks someone to spend their time answering.
So to ask questions I have to tell EVERYONE EXACTLY where I am in the industry? Man I just want operator’s opinions on machines, chill.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
OK, enough of the purse swinging guys, back to the subject at hand. Ryko is used in a lot of gas stations around here and they do a pretty good job overall except around here they all leave a skunk stripe. I have been told that can be adjusted out but I've never seen one that didn't.

I also would want to differentiate myself from the machinery that 95% of gas stations use. We know a good operator makes the difference but most car washes run as a profit center by gas stations aren't run the best. In all honesty I have no idea if a customer notices such things.

From an operator perspective, I would also opt for a machine that can self reset if it encounters a problem, or at least be reset remotely.

Overall at their pricing specials I have seen in the past they seem like a good value, but I think there are cloth units out there that do a better job.

Soapy is a long time user and I think he's happy with his ryko units

MEP001

Reaction score
So to ask questions I have to tell EVERYONE EXACTLY where I am in the industry? Man I just want operator’s opinions on machines, chill.
The polite thing to do would be to tell why you're asking. You obviously have no intention of spending a quarter million dollars on a piece of equipment anytime soon. Why is it a problem for you to say who you are and what your need for information is?

Reaction score
OK, enough of the purse swinging guys, back to the subject at hand. Ryko is used in a lot of gas stations around here and they do a pretty good job overall except around here they all leave a skunk stripe. I have been told that can be adjusted out but I've never seen one that didn't.

I also would want to differentiate myself from the machinery that 95% of gas stations use. We know a good operator makes the difference but most car washes run as a profit center by gas stations aren't run the best. In all honesty I have no idea if a customer notices such things.

From an operator perspective, I would also opt for a machine that can self reset if it encounters a problem, or at least be reset remotely.

Overall at their pricing specials I have seen in the past they seem like a good value, but I think there are cloth units out there that do a better job.

Soapy is a long time user and I think he's happy with his ryko units
Good to know. Thanks for bringing it back to topic. I personally have never seen Ryko machines leave skunk stripes, just about the only time I do are on poorly dialed in Autec machines. Ryko is used a lot out here in the SLC area but I am fairly certain customers don't care what machine washes their car. I think that new MAXX 5 machines with the Washbuilder can be operated off your phone, but don't quite me in that. Do you have experience with Ryko?

Reaction score
The polite thing to do would be to tell why you're asking. You obviously have no intention of spending a quarter million dollars on a piece of equipment anytime soon. Why is it a problem for you to say who you are and what your need for information is?
I plan to invest in a wash in the next >5 years. I am gathering as much info as possible before then. The reason I have a problem saying who I am is because of privacy concerns within the car wash community. You were making it seem like you were putting me donw for asking questions, but I can see that that was not your intention.

Etowah

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks for bringing it back to topic. I personally have never seen Ryko machines leave skunk stripes, just about the only time I do are on poorly dialed in Autec machines. Ryko is used a lot out here in the SLC area but I am fairly certain customers don't care what machine washes their car. I think that new MAXX 5 machines with the Washbuilder can be operated off your phone, but don't quite me in that. Do you have experience with Ryko?
In my experience an Oasis i5 is worth looking at. While the Maxx is still a decent machine, the i5 has a few handy features to cut down on wash time that the SoftGloss doesn't offer. To start, i5s don't have disc wheel brushes and the rear brushes are offset so the gantry doesn't have to stop for rear cleaning. They also include material with industry-standard core designs so you can put third party material on them if desired

MEP001

Reaction score
I plan to invest in a wash in the next >5 years. I am gathering as much info as possible before then. The reason I have a problem saying who I am is because of privacy concerns within the car wash community. You were making it seem like you were putting me donw for asking questions, but I can see that that was not your intention.
Do you mind if I share the private message you sent me after you posted this?

Roz

Reaction score
When ready to purchase an IBA I would recommend (to anyone looking to make a purchase) to take your car and get it washed in a few different machines to see if you like the experience as that is what your customer is going to experience. What works for one owner may not work for another and the local market may be different in terms of competition. The washing options available and ease of owner remote operation also vary greatly by machine.

Some people seek a basic cleaning machine and will try to capture the low cost customer, another owner may want to cater to the higher end customers who appreciate the ceramic and carnauba options that can be applied as a tri color foam or a lava rainbar.

Whoever said that "customers do not care what the machine looks like" is misinformed, I would say that 25% of customers do not care and just seek to clean their cars often at a low cost (ie at a gas station where they save a few dimes on gas if they purchase a wash) and the other 75% do care. We offer side by side touch free and soft cloth in one of our locations. While a soft cloth (in general) will clean better than a TF our customers prefer the TF (60/40), in another location we only offer TF and our customers seek us out because we are TF. Bottom line is that one should to do hands on research before making a large investment.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Why can IB WashinCars close down a "For Sale " thread, w/in 90 secs of posting, but ca'nt shut these kids down.... These kids ruin the site. For Sale threads are important to ask questions of.

Could someone ask him to get rid of these kids?

Reaction score
Why can IB WashinCars close down a "For Sale " thread, w/in 90 secs of posting, but ca'nt shut these kids down.... These kids ruin the site. For Sale threads are important to ask questions of.

We have stopped. Why do you still want us removed? We just want to ask questions.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score

I don’t own the forum, and my pay is the same as yours. I felt this was Jackson’s call to make and turned it over to him.

Regarding shutting down the for sale posts so quickly…I’m just that good.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Well, operator or not I will try to be welcoming. I can learn something from everyone.

I've had several people tell me that they came in to share but felt unwelcome here and left. We can't be the same small group of salty old fuckers talking among ourselves or this website will die off as we age out of the business. A new generation needs to come in to both share and learn.

if someone is irritated by another's presence, click on their name and hit the "ignore" button. It's as simple as that.

Last edited: