What's new

Price increases for New Year

Etowah

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Anyone have info on chemical,or parts increases for the new year.
Maybe it's time to get a pallet before the first, and save some $$$.

sparkey

Reaction score
All my diamond shine chemicals went up by about 5% in the last few months. I think its time to review my chemical options. I can't raise my prices by 5% I guess I am just suppose to eat this extra costs. Is warsaw chemicals any good for IBA?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
All my diamond shine chemicals went up by about 5% in the last few months. I think its time to review my chemical options. I can't raise my prices by 5% I guess I am just suppose to eat this extra costs. Is warsaw chemicals any good for IBA?
I think the term I have seen used to define this conundrum is called "margin compression" and is affecting many businesses. It is especially prevalent in discretionary spending businesses.

I have used a low of warsaw products over the years with good success. There are several good chemical companies. The trick is finding the one and at the right cost per car that obtains the results you desire.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I talked to Keith at KR, and he said that he didn't expect any new price increases as vending took a hit in july. I am always looking for the best prices or sales as all the small things add up. I don't know about warsaw, i am using
KR in the SS and Blendco in the Vectors. Good results in both at the current time.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
sparkey & others,

We could not afford an IBA but Warsaw has been working out well for us for the self serve --- & they have been good to work with.

Warsaw's agent & deliverer family man looks just like & has the same body language demeanor as House Majority leader John Boehner which also could be a plus for most of us. We can dream --- can't we --- about anything that will solve the urgent dollar coin availability issue that needs to be done properly. By the way --- he also delivers other products to supermarkets & institutions here locally too.

mike walsh king koin of bismarck

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Typically chemical companies raise prices right after the New Year mainly due to increases in raw materials that they have to pass on to remain profitable. The way the cost of raws has gone recently this may or may not be the case this year. Due to the sluggish economy and a relatively stable oil supply pricing may not rise much if any. If something happens to oil pricing like the current situation in the Straits of Hormuz that could change quickly.

One suggestion. Due to the increased competitive nature of the car wash chemical business over the past several years most chemical companies have not gone for across the board increases. It would pay to check pricing before you buy or your invoices carefully to make sure the products you are using have not increased. If you like your current rep/company you might also be able to switch to another product in their line that would meet your needs and keep costs in line.