What's new

Programmable Thermostat with remote sensing

U Wash

Joe Dirt
Reaction score
I would like to find a programmable thermostat that can be used to turn off my floor heat late night say 12 midnight to 4 am.
I need it with a remote sensing bulb to allow flame activation depending on the outside temperature. I will only be interrupting the flame portion, the circulating function will continue to run continuously. Does anyone have a company name and model number of a good thermostat?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
If you simply want to interrupt the flame based on time and nothing else, just use an Intermatic Time clock. If you're trying to override the time clock if the temperature falls below a certain outside temperature, add a thermostat. Use the same type you are using to turn on your circulating pump. For what it's worth, we use/used the same set up. We shut off the flame at 11pm and re-start it at 5am. Originally, our override thermostat was set at 15F but I think its too hard to catch up if the wind is blowing and snow is drifting into the bays. We now set the override at 25F where we still use the time clock. Some sites we have stopped using the clock all together because we could never quantify if there was an overall savings or not.

Etowah