What's new

Pure mechanical tire chem applicator

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I am trying to find at least one company who makes this or parts for one. A spring loaded flapper opens the valve and an air pump and hydro-minder does the rest. I either want to fix this one or replace it with the same.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I think I just found the valve in Sonny's catalog for 95.00. It says its for a Belanger or Hanna.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I am trying to find at least one company who makes this or parts for one. A spring loaded flapper opens the valve and an air pump and hydro-minder does the rest. I either want to fix this one or replace it with the same.
FWIW I think I have bought this type of unit from Both Hanna and AVW. I believe AVW cost less and was just as good.

That being said I have now replaced them all with a home made setup no more vlaves wearing from harsh chemicals. If you have the hydrominder and pumping station all you need is a tapeswitch for about $100.00 a solenoid valve about $25.00 and a paraplate or other vacuum timer, about $75.00. Set the timer for a single coin to start and 3 sec. per coin run time , run the tapeswitch leads to the timer switch terminals. Supply 110V to the voltage supply and run the solenoid valve to the outputs.

I made mine a little nicer by gettinfg a plastic weatherproof box at Lowes for about $10.00 and putting the timer inside it and mounting an outlet on the cover so that the outlet leads ran to the timer output. The solenoid has a cord and plug that plugs into the outlet.

So, for about $210.00 (+ the steel plate) I haven't replaced anything in a long time.

Oh, forgot. Could not use the applicator built into the treadle . Don't recall what I paid for this. - Used PVC. Also added check valves at the nozzles to keep the lines full.

The only issue I then had was to run 2 feet of steel plate on either side of the tape switch to avoid rolling off the switch quickly.

Later added a second solenoid for air and ran a line to the applicators so it now has an air assist with a little foaming action.

See Video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EarlWeiss#p/u/10/yToxbXhNVZw

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
This is similar to what we use. Thank you for the info Earl, I think I will convert them to an electric valve and timer. Looks like you really have that conveyor speed cranking!!!!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Looking at my system again, note that there is some lag between hitting the tapeswitch and the application coming out. So, know where the applicators will be and then play with tapeswitch placement before fastening it to the floor.

A while ago someone cautioned me to put a metal plate under the tapeswitch if the floor is rough to keep it from wearing out. Took a tapeswitch to the metal shop and had them weld threaded studs to the plate at the corner holes for the tapeswitch with the plate being 6" wider with holes in the corner for mounting to the floor. Maybe when the switch goes the threaded rods will still be in good enough shape to unbolt the old and bolt on the new.