What's new

Question on Razor vs High Velocity

APW

Reaction score
My top wash on my High Velocity from the time you enter the bay to the end of the dryers is 9:40. Top Wash: UC, 2 PS, HPR, 3X Foam, HPR, Rain X, HPR, Extreme Shine Wax, HPR, SFR, 60 sec Dryers. Can a Razor speed this up?

BBE

Reaction score
Wow that's alot of HPR. What does your water/sewer bill look like?

Eric H

Reaction score
Top wash on my Razor; UC, lp1 (speed 2), LP2 (speed 7) HP Rinse (arch speed -2), tri foam (speed 4), Hp rinse (flex pass speed 3), Foam-n-flow (speed 5), HP Rinse (Flexpass speed 4),HP sealer (Flex speed 6), Drying agent (Flex speed 8), HP Rinse (Arch speed 9), double dryer pass on speed 1.
I could eliminate the last Hp rinse if the foam from the foam-n-flow didn't get in every crack on the car. It tends to blow out of the door jams and get on the car leaving spots or customers complain that the machine left soap on the car.
This wash takes about 6:40-7:00 depending on how long the customer takes to get thru the UC. I'm sure I could get the time down even more but the cars look great set up this way.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
How long is the car you are washing? From what points do you time the wash? I have only timed the parts that I can control. Essentially, that is from "on treadle" to "get out" sign.

APW

Reaction score
I timed it on my truck 2014 F150 supercrew cab. I started the timer when the UC started and when the dryers stopped.

lag

Reaction score
I timed the HV against the Razor. The same exact vehicle, both programmed identically. The Razor washed 16% faster.

You should be able to wash even faster with the Razors by utilizing some of the flex features etc. I did a small sample however..4 washes only

bighead

Reaction score
We have similar products on our top wash, try this:

Top Wash: UC, 2 PS, HPR, 3X Foam, HPR, Extreme Shine Wax HPR Rain X, SFR, 60 sec Dryer

Basically you are losing one HPR, better than nothing

soonermajic

Reaction score
5:30: UC, 2 Step PS, HPR,3x Foam, HP Wax/CC, SFR, Dryers (40 secs).
this is a LW 4000