What's new

Repair/ replace solenoid for spot free

Reaction score
We have a 4500 GPD PurClean RO system and one of the solenoids has been leaking and running water directly down the drain. I cant find any information online about this specific solenoid (we purchased this RO system used with no history in 2018). Does anybody know if there is a repair kit or what solenoid would be a good replacement for a GC Valves CM211UF02N5-G5? I’m unfamiliar with this specific type of solenoid, so am hesitant to take it apart without any replacement parts…
RO system says it was manufactured in 2005. I’ve called GC valves twice and they’ve said they’ll call me back, but haven’t heard anything yet.

Attachments

edredtop

Reaction score
We have a 4500 GPD PurClean RO system and one of the solenoids has been leaking and running water directly down the drain. I cant find any information online about this specific solenoid (we purchased this RO system used with no history in 2018). Does anybody know if there is a repair kit or what solenoid would be a good replacement for a GC Valves CM211UF02N5-G5? I’m unfamiliar with this specific type of solenoid, so am hesitant to take it apart without any replacement parts…
RO system says it was manufactured in 2005. I’ve called GC valves twice and they’ve said they’ll call me back, but haven’t heard anything yet.
Looks like a special order from these guys, might be worth a try..
Agreed to not attempt a repair without parts.
The O-rings and and/or gaskets will come apart in your fingers like dust and that might be a show stopper for that service.
Best of luck.
Stromquist & Company (800) 241-9471
GC Valves - CM211UF02N5-G5, 3/4in N.C. Manifold Valves, 120vac, Stromquist & Company

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Call Pur Clean, they will get you the correct part number and connect you with who to get it from, i believe they use ryko if i recall. I had to replace the lower one on mine not to long ago. the part number for that one was BD-211YN02N9-G5.

Reaction score
@cbchevy4x4 Thank you, you were spot on, called Pur Clean and they set me up with the correct part numbers right away. For anybody else ever in this situation:
Solenoid rebuild kit: KM211N5G5
Replacement Upper Solenoid: AC211YN02N9-G5
Replacement Lower Solenoid: BD211YN02N9-G5