What's new

Replacement for Ginsan Pump Stand 24v reset switch

slash007

Reaction score
I need to replace one of the 24v reset switches on my Ginsan Pump stand. Could someone direct me to a replacement on KR if they have one? For now I just bypassed it as it was tripping multiple times per day. Thanks.

slash007

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I think that switch is used to add time to the bays? I'm looking for the button that trips when there is an issue then you push it in to reset it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I think that's a breaker on the 24V side. You can get them from Mouser and/or Digikey. I don't have a part number. I don't like them because they fail a lot. I use either a miniature breaker or a fuse.

slash007

Reaction score
I think that's a breaker on the 24V side. You can get them from Mouser and/or Digikey. I don't have a part number. I don't like them because they fail a lot. I use either a miniature breaker or a fuse.
Ah, that's what it is. Was thinking of using an inline fuse. What size would you recommend?

MEP001

Reaction score
Ah, that's what it is. Was thinking of using an inline fuse. What size would you recommend?
I usually use a 5 amp, but there was a recent discussion where others said that's too big. IMO the 5 amp is small enough to protect the transformer and they keep them in stock at Home Depot.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I usually use a 5 amp, but there was a recent discussion where others said that's too big. IMO the 5 amp is small enough to protect the transformer and they keep them in stock at Home Depot.
That may be your opinion but there is ohm's law which says do not use more than a 4 amp fuse/breaker. 100/24=4.17

We have the breakers in stock. The part number is 1808900 and they list for $9.27

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
That may be your opinion but there is ohm's law which says do not use more than a 4 amp fuse/breaker. 100/24=4.17

We have the breakers in stock. The part number is 1808900 and they list for $9.27
FWIW ... I wonder how many of us car wash operators use din rails??? With our dog wash redo we are now using some nifty din rail Allen Bradley lever style 5x20mm fuse holders. Time will tell ... on what the specific advantages that approach turns out to be overall though. It does combine a quicker ability to shut off specific power area ... similar to Dan's 4amp breaker approach. I suppose some affordable breakers might allow for a change in the specific amperage protection ... not sure.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Can't say that I agree with you on your comment ... possibly you can elaborate a bit for others besides myself?

Here is another similar lever disconnecting fuse holding device from Omega: https://www.omega.com/en-us/tempera...MI2oqp-8Hn-gIVrCStBh2AaQtNEAkYBCABEgISdPD_BwE

Since the fuses can be bought from Digi-Key for less than a dollar each ... I see an advantage over a breaker in that the more precise amperage protection can be tweaked a bit easier & more affordably!

MEP001

Reaction score

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
MEP001,

Just like Mouser says a simple reset button for whatever is included in its circuit ... it does not look like it can lever disconnect its included circuit like the "lever style" ones that I linked to. Is that the exact specific style of breaker that Dan K was referring to?

Back in the day on our older washing machines we used to call your linked Mouser reset breaker "the overload button".

Funny I was visualizing Dan K's GinSan pump stand circuit breaker similar to this one:

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad.../miniature_supplementary_protectors/gmcb-1c-4

Then again ... the specifi pump stand ... which I am not familiar with ... would need to have a din rail or modified to include a 35mm din rail.

Last edited:

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
This thread was posted Sunday afternoon and we've somehow morphed into a 3 day debate over a $9 part.

slash, if you still need them give me a call with a credit card and I'll get them on the way to you. Delete the thread and I'll give you a discount.

Randy

Reaction score
This thread was posted Sunday afternoon and we've somehow morphed into a 3 day debate over a $9 part.

slash, if you still need them give me a call with a credit card and I'll get them on the way to you. Delete the thread and I'll give you a discount.
Dan I couldn’t agree more. I call them “car wash cheapsters” they spend countless hours and waste someone else’s time to save a dollar on a $5 part.