What's new

Replacing my Floor Heat Boiler

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Based on how much higher the efficiency of the boilers are these days...can anyone tell me how many btu's I would need for roughly 3200 sq. ft. and also be able to use an indirect water heater?

Thanks!

John

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
John,

I have a customer who wants a boiler removed to increase storage in his back room. It works fine (I recently had it inspected for him) and has a large water heater tank with it. Evidently at one time they used it to heat water going to the tunnel but there is no need for hot water in the wash. I could sell it to you for cheap. I would call Huron Valley to spec out what you need. I am sure they would have no problem helping you. I can get you the model number of the one we have if you like.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I am definitely interested, but the big thing for me would be the efficiency rating of the unit. Any idea what that might be?

John,

I have a customer who wants a boiler removed to increase storage in his back room. It works fine (I recently had it inspected for him) and has a large water heater tank with it. Evidently at one time they used it to heat water going to the tunnel but there is no need for hot water in the wash. I could sell it to you for cheap. I would call Huron Valley to spec out what you need. I am sure they would have no problem helping you. I can get you the model number of the one we have if you like.

boywonder

Reaction score
When figuring our High efficiency boiler the guy used 90 btu's per indoor sq foot, and 120 btu for outside sq foot. A 399000 btu boiler would work good.

Etowah