What's new

Rhino lined baywalls?

SHINEY2

Reaction score
I have a brain fart...or a great idea depending on your proffesional take on this.

I have a steel building. 4 ss bays and 1 iba. I am considering getting a truck bedliner company to come in and spray the liner on my walls up about 8"

Right now there is no rust since the building is new. But its a matter of time and I want to keep this place looking great.

I have allot of oil field workers coming in and spraying thier clothes and equipment off in by White bays and splashing this oil on by white walls...hell to keep kleen, so If I spray them with grey [maybe] bed liner- it would hide some of the grime and keep the bays scratch, rust, proof too.

Your thoughts?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's been discussed before, but I don't recall anyone ever saying they tried it. I think the idea is sound.

Randy

Reaction score
There’s a guy here who has spray on bed liner on his bays, up about 4 feet or so. Looks like crap, gets dirty fast and it’s hard to clean. He wishes now that he had never had put it on. It’s porous to a certain extent so it will hold the dirt and grime.

sprocket

Reaction score
There is a guy in Albany,Ohio had this done the full heigth of his walls and when I talked to him he was very happy with it and it was easy to clean and looked very good after several years of wear and tear.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I had my bumpers (Honda van) done and love it. I'm not sure that their equipment is portable, but since a few people have done it must be. I'd go with a name brand, Line-X or Rhino, just so you knew that you were getting a good quality stuff. I'd pick a darker color, so if it got dirty, it wouldn't look so bad. I have the neutral color with gold car paint on top, its lasted a long time and wears good.

PEI

Reaction score
I have had some of my bays done in a tan. It works well and so far has lasted for three years. However, I found that using Extrutech Wall Panels are cheaper, easier to clean and create a brighter bay. I have a friend in the business with a metal building whose walls had started to rust. He treated the rust and put the panels on top. It's only been about 9 months, but so far he claims its one of the best things he has ever done.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PEI

How high up did he put the panels and did he seal the top where the panel meets the metal?

Thanks.

soapy

Reaction score
I did an entire automatic bay done with Line X. One of the worst mistakes I ever made. I sprayed it white and it is hard to clean and for some reason will grow moss and algea at a fast rate. I would not recommend that anyone do this.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Yeah there is portable equipment for this - we used to spray it in the cargo trailers we build roofing equipment in to sell. It's called polyurea anmd they also spray it on roof. You can get the texture smoother for less dirt attraction.

Try this guy (Tom Hay), but best not mention my name as we became enemies of sorts after a battle on a roofing forum. :) http://spraymaxliners.com/

PEI

Reaction score
He put the panels up the full 12 feet of the walls and sealed the top with white tub and tile caulk.