What's new

Ryko Presoak & Chemicals

addicted2cleancars

Reaction score
CALCAR-
Contact Turtle Wax and find the local dist. Great products, low cost per car and superior marketing. Seems that most of the Ryko dist. were once TW dist. before the started strong arming their customers to use Ryko products. I know in NC the Ryko dist. will not service you if you are not buying their products. Many upset customers due to this including me. I switched and very happy and so are my customers.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
CALCAR-
Contact Turtle Wax and find the local dist. Great products, low cost per car and superior marketing. Seems that most of the Ryko dist. were once TW dist. before the started strong arming their customers to use Ryko products. I know in NC the Ryko dist. will not service you if you are not buying their products. Many upset customers due to this including me. I switched and very happy and so are my customers.
I doubt very much that the NC dist. will not service a wash that is not using Ryko chemicals! If this were true, you need to report this to Ryko corperate. I did notice that Ryko direct is also in NC.
Turtle wax products work fine in the Ryko wash systems, I just do not like all the mixing that has to be done with the concentrate. Ryko chemicals are designed to work with Ryko systems and the concentrate is pre mixed (you just turn the pump down and the water up). Both the Ryko and the TW are going to cost more than the local mixers but the quality and consistancy will normally be better. You get what you pay for.
FYI- strongarming our customers to buy chemicals would not go over well in our area.

john30036

Reaction score
Has anyone used the new Ryko presoak for touchfree. It is supposed to be one product vs. 1 lo and 1 hi. Does it work well? Is it cost effective? Do you still do 2 seperate passes? My local ryko office is in turmoil because of some employee turnover. They seem to mainly focus on gas stations and do not seem all that interested in helping me run a profitable carwash. I am trying Simoniz products out right now. I also have a brochure from a local Lustra guy whom I have not called. I like the ryko products but the cost vs. support is crazy. They charge 247.00 for 15 gal drum of presoak. Simoniz is 259.00 for a 55 gallon. Then when Ryko delivers the chemicals and I ask them to look at something they want to charge me a 168.00 trip fee. Any suggestion from Ryko owners that us other chemicals would be appreciated.
I am in the chemical part of this business. The one thing you always have to look at is COST PER CAR Only!! Cost per gallon means nothing! How much water are you putting on per car? What is the dilution rate you would like to have? What dispensing system do you have? A 40-1 product is a lot cheaper than a 200-1 product. It's all about the viscosity of a product and the ability to"flow". A proven fact is--- If you purchase a premium product and it is properly adjusted and titrated your end cost will always be better. Let the chemical guys be chemical guys and let the equipment guys be equipment.