What's new

Ryko Problems help...Please

john30036

Reaction score
Monarch 2 high impact.

The problem I am having is, Pull the car in the machine will soap rear to front then soak time. It will go into the rocker panel and then tires. When the machine goes to high impact rinse the arm will rotate to rinse the rear of the car from LR to RR it will rinse the rear of the car. When the arm gets to the RR of the car and goes to rotate to do the Right side of the car it locks up and stops the machine then the machine goes to emergency rinse and stops. This happens every time. I have been all over this machine checking prox switches etc and I am lost. No codes Any help would be great thanks

soapy

Reaction score
Make sure the tires are full. WHen you move the trolley across the back of a vehicle count the times the prox blinks as it goes across the gantry. It sounds like it is either taking to long to get across the gantry,( low tires will cause this) or the trolley prox is not counting all the flags. Check the position of each metal tab flag up on top of the machine and make sure they are close to the prox as it passes by.. THe 4 arm rotate proxes could also be the problem if they are not all working. as you rotate the arm you should always see 2 of the four proxes on.

john30036

Reaction score
Thanks for the help,
I have checked those tires numerouse times but I didnt check every flag on top I will do it in the A.M. The ultrasonic sensors were removed from this unit some time ago is there a chance that might have something to do with it? I had this problem before on other rykos and it was the high pressure swivel on top bound up. thanks for the input....

mac

Reaction score
Just curious as to where rykopro has gone. He seems to have vaporized. He did provide some useful info on occasion. Have you consulted tech support or the distributor?

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
I think Rykopro was on vaction last week. I talked to him a couple of days ago and Mark is alive.

randy64

Reaction score
If the trolley goes to the right hits the stop and tries to continue driving you are missing the trolley right signal if it stops in the correct place and tries to rotate but doesn't it would be a rotate prox you should be getting a 4 digit code since its happening every time, do you know what it is. Trolley to long or Rotate to long.

john30036

Reaction score
Thanks Randy,

No codes other than a 62. I messed with this all weekend and still don't work.
When it fails while it is still in emergency rinse these are the inputs and outputs
40,41,45,46,50,55,66,70 out- 22,23,27,31,32,33,75 I am getting all the proper i/o and "enter code" before we try to wash a car,

When I plug in my scan tool and go to history how in the hec do you read those numbers there all 4 digit codes but they don't show up in the manual any help would be great. Could it be the motor drawing to much? Just doesn't seem possible. It's like there is a broken wire someplace or the pcu isn't giving the cammand to turn.

Help please..

randy64

Reaction score
You have 5 sets of 4 numbers per history event 3 on the top and 2 on the bottom they are as follows: top row...sequince code...diagnostic code...washcount Bottom row is...Date...24hr time. It sounds like your getting a trolley too long situation the things that can cause this are...Tires too low on air, Tires too much air, Trolley right prox out of adjustment...trolley idler wheels loose causing the trolley to wonder and miss the target. Your trolley count and trolley count reset proxes could also have something to do with your problem but if they were acting up I would think you would have problems at the front also. Best thing to do is check you 4 digit code and go from there. If you need it I can send you a 4 digit code book (.pdf)

randy64

Reaction score
You may need to give Don Mabeus a call to get this fixed...the bigest problem with Ryko machines, they are not user friendly there just are not built for owner operators to be able to do much work on them. At least you have a Hand Held Programmer you really can't work on them without that.