What's new

Smart Car

jimbeaux

Reaction score
I had a lady call me Friday saying my D&S Odyssey quit while she was washing her car. Got there and she was driving a smart car (read small car) and it quit for no obvious reason. Ran her through and the wash worked until it got to the front of the car and shut down again with a fault of Car Not Found both times.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Nope, but I know a couple laserwash owners that won't allow smart cars in their wash because it wil shut the wash down due to size

PEI

Reaction score
A Laserwash 4000 will tie the overhead spring hose in a knot when trying to wash a Smart car. It is short enough that the arch will go across the back before it gets far enough past the middle of the rails. We don't attempt to wash them anymore. Instead we recommend our self service locations.

JustClean

Reaction score
I had a Smart standing with one wheel on an underbody wash nozzle that made the machine stop. I don't know how your underbody wash looks like but mine comes on while the car is being washed.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My little Superior Side Trac 700-R washes the heck out of Smarts as well as other small cars with zero problems. I love these small vehicles because of the lower cost per car in soap and water!

Too bad you couldn't set a default short pass on the LW machine so the hose wouldn't tie itself up on the small cars. How do you police the small vehicles and keep them from entering at your unattended sites? Seems like a big PITA to me.

Mike

Reaction score
The LW 4000 should not tie itself up in a know if the machine is set up properly.
the machine has to go past the mid flag on the rail before it will stop going towards the entrance.

In the case of a smart car the machine would measure long on the rear,(because a smart car is so short) but it should not tie the overhead up if the mid flag is set correctly.
Regards
Mike