What's new

SNAFU….

sjb

Reaction score
Greetings….

I have a snafu that I can’t seem to figure out…

My low pressure presoak supply of soap seems to keep filling up with water and diluting the chemicals….

I put in a new hydrominder and foot valve, but it keeps filling up with water, both in the tank and in the 5 gallon bucket of chemicals….

I have slit/opening in the tube going into the tank….

any ideas or suggestions…?

thanks much!
sjb

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Put a 1/8" hole in the fill tube between the bottom of the Hydrominder and the top of the liquid in the tank.

Reactions: sjb

OurTown

Reaction score
Is the Hydrominder discharge tube still clear enough so you can verify the liquid returns to the tank level after it shuts off? If you put in a new Hydrominder, it should have come with a new hose. I usually drill the siphon breaker hole right under the yellow restrictor ring. Is the pick up tubing clear enough that if you disconnect it from the Hydrominder you can hold it up and see if it drains back to the bucket/drum? If you are reusing the old hardened pick-up tubing it might not be sealing to the foot valve and letting it drain back.

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Also, we switched from the 1/2" ID tubing to 1/4" for many of our chemicals. It only holds one-fourth of the chemical that 1/2" does. If you are using (or were 😂) a really concentrated presoak then if it drains back to the bucket a small metering tip could slow the return when it kicks on where you may not draw any chemical. Best case is it draws a little chemical. If it pulls water back to the bucket when it drains back because the siphon is not broken it just makes it extremely diluted. When there is an issue the 1/2" tubing it is four times as bad as the 1/4". We use Tygon 2375 for presoak as it stays flexible for years.

sjb

Reaction score
appreciate your thoughts and suggestions….!

TBC…

Etowah