What's new

The National Chemical Companies

D3Dubs

Reaction score
I am trying to reach out to the national car wash chemical companies. I put together the following list but I'm fairly new to the industry so I'm sure I left some out. Am I missing anyone?

Diamond Shine
Simoniz USA
JBS Industries
Zep Vehicle Care
CSI/Lustra
Blendco

Also, are there other national distributors of chemicals like Kleen-Rite?

Thanks!!

MEP001

Reaction score
The easiest (and only one I'm aware of) to get Simoniz is through Kleen-Rite. There may be a Zep rep in your area which you can contact through Zep. Lustra is carried by PDQ reps.

If you're going for brand marketing, there's also Turtle Wax.

There are many national car wash supply companies. Get a copy of Professional Car Washing & Detailing magazine.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am trying to reach out to the national car wash chemical companies. I put together the following list but I'm fairly new to the industry so I'm sure I left some out. Am I missing anyone?

Diamond Shine
Simoniz USA
JBS Industries
Zep Vehicle Care
CSI/Lustra
Blendco

Also, are there other national distributors of chemicals like Kleen-Rite?

Thanks!!

There is Quest. Questcarcare.com (is what I like personally my distributor is awesome and chemicals are excellent)
How could we forget Blue Corral which is with ZEP/Armorall now.
Qual Chem
Arcadian services

If I was in your position as a new operator I would definitely get a relationship with a local distributor for service that kleen rite and mail order companies will never give you. Like monthly titrations, cost per car analysts, delivery and pointers while there on site about your equipment and operation that are helpful and build a relationship down the road and don’t be scared to compare. I have found the chemical consistency is never there on mail order and cleaning ability like major company’s. Your wash is only as good as your chemicals. I see your located in New England which has plenty of snow & salt and cleaning conditions will change through the winter especially and summer and your distributor can adjust that for maximum cleaning and teach you about alkalinity,booster products which would be helpful to you. Hope this helps

Last edited:

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish with the list.

For example, nationally recognized brands like Simoniz, Turtle Wax, Armor All, etc. only represent about 10 or 15 percent of the carwash chemical market.

Most carwash chemical are made by regional brands. Cheapskates buy from local bathtub blenders which is about 25 percent of the market.

There are also OEM’s that have private label chemical such as Sonny’s, Ryko, and Tommy.

Blendco is trying to stay in the game by co-branding with Rustoleum (DuBois Chemical) four step paint sealant - molten shield which is much like Simoniz’s.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Blendco staying in business by co-branding ? What do you mean by this statement ,

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Blendco staying in business by co-branding ? What do you mean by this statement ,
“Blendco staying in business by co-branding?”

First of all, that is not what I wrote. The following is what I wrote.

“Blendco is trying to stay in the game by co-branding…”

“Stay in the game” means keep up with the Jones’ (conveyor segment).

Conveyor segment now dominates in terms of total available market (industry wash revenues and cars washed) and chemical market.

Today, if you don’t make products such as lava foam, four-step paint sealant, hot wax, etc., likelihood of selling to conveyor segment is pretty low.