What's new

Thread disappeared: Blue Arm issues on LW4000

soonermajic

Reaction score
So, my Blue arm sometimes rotates the wrong way. 85% of the time the issue occurs when it is about to go down the driver's side. Instead of rotating 1/4 turn, the arm rotes all the way around til it jams up on the 3x foam pod.
trouble shooting: I have changed out the prox sensors & checked all their cables. I can't figure out a way the cables are shorting. This only happens about 1 day every 2 weeks, but I'll be dammed if it isn't on a Fri / Sat though!

Advice?

p.s. I had a thread about this a few weeks ago, but looks like it was deleted for some reason.

UndertakerII

Reaction score
I had this same issue two years ago and had my service guys replace prox switches, festoon cables, J4 box etc. Still had issues. Finally changed one of the prox cables myself as a last resort and guess what? No more problems. The cable looked fine and all but obviously it was shorting within the cable itself since we had replaced the J4 box as part of the prior attempts to fix it. When mine was giving issues it was the first wash of the day after the wash sat unused overnight. When watching the lights on the input/output cards I noticed one of the prox switches was slow to come on therefore not stopping the arch when it should and turning into the pods like you mentioned. Good luck! I hope this helps. Kevin

soonermajic

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin. When I hear the cards getting relay, from mashing the rotate button, sometimes I don't hear the "switching noise". That's when it goes awry. My Distributor is coming today, & I pray it is messing up...& csn then be fixed.
Thanks for your help

soonermajic

Reaction score
Are the input / output cards, x14, x15, & x16? Mn, this is 1 helluva issue.

soonermajic

Reaction score
thanks Lag
My distributor is there right now. praying he can fix it!

pgrzes

Reaction score
In your original post you said "sometimes rotates the wrong way"? Are you saying it reverses? or over rotates? Over rotate is something in one of the 3 prox's(Prox, cable, festoon connection)???!!!!?! If it is reversing it is in the plc base, or contactor. Either is a PITA to deal with. You pay a tech to come out and throw parts at it but not knowing for sure if it fixes it??!!?!?! Its easier when they just break! A lot of prox issues are in the carriage and trolley boxes at the wego connectors, use a lot of die-electric grease on everything, and the prox plugs it really helps. A little moisture in those wego's will destroy a connection and will be difficult to spot. Good luck, happy hunting.

soonermajic

Reaction score
distributor fixed it. It was x15 festoon bad wire. Only 4 hrs & $570!!!!!!!!!!! $120 for trip & $100/hr!

But, it IS FIXED! Thanks Twin Distributing!