What's new

Tractor detaling!!!

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
I would have never have gusses this buy I was in Vermillin S.D. and their was a detaling shop that does nothing but Tractors/Grain trucks/Semis and their Lot Was PACKED they were huge tractors... They would make any car detaling shop blush. I asked a local guy if they were busy he said 2-3 week lead time pending the time of year and they have been their for 10-12 years anyone else herd of that????

Chris

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen it in several places. A good location near independent truckers is important and it usually takes time to build a clientèle but it pays well. Not much competition though since many shops either can't or won't work on them. Truckers are very picky but most will pay top dollar for good work and stay loyal. They also refer others probably better than regular detail customers.

Detailing a tractor is tough work and takes more than average skill to do a good job. The interior work can be really difficult. Most of those guys live in their truck much of the time and can really make a mess. Many have custom paint jobs with decals which also can create problems. I knew a guy in Denver that averaged better than a tractor a day and got from $400 up per job. I think he used to average over $600 per vehicle and that was several years ago.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
We have one in town that does semi tractors, tractors for the field, grain trucks, sprayers, skidsteers. Looks like they do mainly new commercial equipment.
It must make a difference on a combine that costs $300k that it looks prettier for the customer. He has big buildings and lots of parking