What's new

Used Chemicasl barrels !! what do you do with them??

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
What do people do with left over chemical barrels?? I need a moutain of them who help me??

WASH THE PLANET!!!! THE CAPS ARE FOR YOU MEEP 1

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I rinse mine then neatly put them beside my dumpster. So far people have asked for them and I oblige them.

Otherwise, if they've sat there by the dumpster by the time my chemical guy comes, I give them back to him.

MEP001

Reaction score
CRHAMEL said:
THE CAPS ARE FOR YOU MEEP 1
Yeah, where are those pipes I ordered over 18 months go?

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
I too put them out near the road... the get pick up within a day or two. I keep a few durring the hurricane season to store fuel and water in.

Red Baron

Reaction score
We used to use asphalt in 55 gal drums and could never give the empty drums away. But, put a sign on them that says "$5 Each" and they'll steal them as fast as you set them out.

Last edited:

Doug P.

Reaction score
I sell them for $6 each. People line up to get them.

Doug P.

E.Joramo

Reaction score
We sell them for $10 a piece, Sometimes we give them away to charities when they ask. The Food Bank cleans them out and uses them for food collection at various supermarkets. We save our 30 gallon barrels for water reservoirs for pumps and such.
Erik

mac

Reaction score
Most of my customers simply avoid the issue by using Blendco products. They come in 6 gallon containers that are easy to dispose of. Keeps your equipment room much more open also.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We remove the empty barrels when we deliver chemicals to our customers. We even combine like chemicals to reduce drums left on site (delivery and related labor is free). I then stack them on pallets, shrink wrap and send them off to be recycled.

CaliCWKing

Reaction score
Cut the tops off at an angle, drill holes in the sides towards the bottom to drain water and use them as trashcans.