What's new

Vac money stolen in the KC area.

Etowah
Reaction score
This was the second time. They have the keys to the vaults, I added a security bar and Masterlocks. Well the must have the keys to the Masterlocks. I think combination locks might prevent this.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
What kind of locks did they have keys to? MEDCO? Also, did you see or get a picture of the person/people? About a month ago I stuck a post on here for the KC area where one of my VACs got hit by a guy driving a green minivan. He only got one vac before my attendant came around the corner and scared him off.

Reaction score
They had some way to open my Master Locks that were on the security bars. Then keys to the D&S vacs. That are not Medico Locks.

MEP001

Reaction score
We had someone coming through and opening the top access door on our Industrial vacs and using a 12V shop vac and a crevice tool to pull the coins through the slot. Since Industrial had been using the same key for the top door for all the vacs they'd made for the last 20 years, it wasn't hard for them to find.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Mike, I would be leaning towards what was happening with Mep. D&S had the same access door key for many years and the odds of someone having the key to the coin box and the master lock on the security bar are pretty slim.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You can open a master lock pretty easy without a key, go to Youtube and search for how. Change out the locks in your vault.

Reaction score
Has it been there quite awhile Bill? The vaults no, combo locks on the security bars should work for me. I need to e-mail and get you caught up. Mike

MEP001

Reaction score
Mickael McKiernan said:
There no damage, scratch marks anywhere.
There was no damage of any kind on ours either, because they used a key to the top door.

Combination locks are incredibly easy to open. They aren't made for securing money, they're mainly for securing your clothes in a gym locker so you don't have to carry a key.

I really think you're focusing on how you think they're getting in and not considering other possibilities of how they might.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Mike, I still owe you money too!! If they take a strip of pop can and slide it down the "buckle", each side on a master, it will pop open. There are good combo locks, go to Ralock.com, he should have them.

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
Don't exclude employees or Ex-employees that may have or had access to keys. They can have duplicates made and give them to a friend who then the dirty work.