What's new

vacuum clean out container

semscarwash

Reaction score
Hello,

So I have a question for anyone that could help. I have two islands with three J.E. adams self serve vacs on them and to clean them out you open the bottom door and toss out what the rubber clean out container collects. My question is does anyone else notice that it does not actually collect a lot of the dirt because it does not seal tight enough to the metal cylinder. So now I am left with a pill of dust and debris that the container missed. Has anyone modified theirs to make it better or have ideas on different items to use to modify the container?

MEP001

Reaction score
Are they clean-out containers that came with the vacs or did you order them from somewhere else?

I bought the ones from Kleen-Rite and put them in Industrial (IVS) vacs and had no problem with them sealing until I replaced the door gaskets. When I did, instead of gluing on the one that's made for the vacuum I bought a gasket that's a self-adhesive sheet and cut it into strips. My mistake was not having the top strip wide enough so the clean-out container sealed against it, and a lot of the lighter debris would get in behind it. It was an easy fix to cut a wider strip of gasket and replace it.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have 4 different types of vacs at my wash. My JE Adams vac is by far the worst at dumping everything outside the dirt pan. I was wondering the same thing today. Why is it that the JE adams vac never seems to put the dirt in the pan where it belongs. Sometimes I think there is more outside the pan than inside the pan. I position the pan under the hose inlet so I am not sure what the issue is.

Randy

Reaction score
We clean out the vac’s twice a week, whether they need it or not. We don’t get a lot of spill over from the clean out dirt canister. The best ones I ever had I got from Windtrax years ago, they were from a rubbery type material, not same material as the Hamel one that everyone sells now. They were the same shape as the one that is sold today, but a more pliable material.

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/c-186-clean-out-bags.aspx

MEP001

Reaction score
sparkey said:
I have 4 different types of vacs at my wash. My JE Adams vac is by far the worst at dumping everything outside the dirt pan. I was wondering the same thing today. Why is it that the JE adams vac never seems to put the dirt in the pan where it belongs. Sometimes I think there is more outside the pan than inside the pan. I position the pan under the hose inlet so I am not sure what the issue is.
Does the pan not fit snug in the tank? With the ones I got from Kleen-Rite, there's no "positioning" of it at all. It fits snug all the way around, and if it contacts the door gasket almost nothing gets outside it.

semscarwash

Reaction score
Yes they are the black rubber containers that came with the JE Adams vacs. Was thinking about attaching some sort of stripping to the top to have a more snug fit but I would need it to be able to bend with the container when I take it out to dump it. Surprised that the company or more people have not had the same problem. Its not a bad problem its just a nuisance.

mac

Reaction score
Let's hope someone at Adams sees this. I've noticed the samr issue.

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
Hello all and thank-you for your support
Here is what you can do to resolve the issue
1) Model # VB18812 8 In tall Cut a 2x4 U shape out of the top edge out of the bucket..This can be done with a utility knife or tin snips.Trace the outside of a small coffee can
2)We have a 7'' tall bucket that would take car of the problem.. But if I could get a group of guys to get together and buy say 200 pcs total That would justify putting the mold in.I know of several forum readers are our dist...
That the beauty of 100% done in house...
Thank you once again
Chris Hamel

sparkey

Reaction score
Hello all and thank-you for your support
Here is what you can do to resolve the issue
1) Model # VB18812 8 In tall Cut a 2x4 U shape out of the top edge out of the bucket..This can be done with a utility knife or tin snips.Trace the outside of a small coffee can
2)We have a 7'' tall bucket that would take car of the problem.. But if I could get a group of guys to get together and buy say 200 pcs total That would justify putting the mold in.I know of several forum readers are our dist...
That the beauty of 100% done in house...
Thank you once again
Chris Hamel
I am not sure I understand what you are talking about. How would cutting the pan make a better seal? My JE Adams vac is less than 6 months old with the pan that came with it. I was thinking of replacing the rest of my vacs, but they won't be JE Adams vacs that put most of the dirt outside the dirt pan unless I can find a reasonable priced solution.

Etowah

carwash27

Reaction score
je adams clean out plastic buckets

my husband buys $6.00 plastic bucket from Big Lots and cuts it down with tin snips-fits like a glove!!!

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
Sorry about that is misread the post...
Here is what I can do...
For every Adams one you are having trouble with...That is not a Hamel bucket
Send me that one and I will send you one of our Hamel buckets..
We'll pay freight

Call or email me to make this happen
Chris Hamel

semscarwash

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you and have no idea what he is talking about either. If anyone figures out a solution let me know and ill do the same. I will have to try the Big Lots tin snip idea, and the bucket still comes out to empty pretty easily?

Randy

Reaction score
100% is unrealistic. I don’t think you’re going to catch 100% of the debris that the vacuum sucks up. My clean out tubs fit pretty tight and I still get a small amount of debris at the bottom on the vacuum.

MEP001

Reaction score
semscarwash said:
Yeah I agree with you and have no idea what he is talking about either. If anyone figures out a solution let me know and ill do the same.
I believe what he's saying, and the issue you'd have using the Hamel cleanouts available from Kleen-Rite, is that the pan is too tall and you'll have to cut it for the vac hose connection. I've never tried a Hamel cleanout in an Adams vac, but I've put them in Fragramatics combo vacs. You do have to cut it to fit around the short stub of pipe inside the tank, or all the debris ends up underneath it.

With the Industrial vacs, I make sure the hose is pushed at least a couple inches inside the tank. The worst I ever see underneath is a 1/16" film of dust. If I don't have the hose partly into the tank and someone vacuums liquid, it runs underneath the pan and out the door.

sparkey

Reaction score
Sorry about that is misread the post...
Here is what I can do...
For every Adams one you are having trouble with...That is not a Hamel bucket
Send me that one and I will send you one of our Hamel buckets..
We'll pay freight

Call or email me to make this happen
Chris Hamel

How can you tell if it is a Hamel bucket? Are you associated with JE Adams?

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
The way to Identify a Hamel Clean out bucket
in the inside of the botton of the pan
It reads:
Hamel Mfg
Made in the USA
P/N VB18812
No we do not supply them that part. But we supply to all the OEMS/Dist. But that one..Adams vac would require a 7" tall bucket because of that stub pipe on the inside of the tank....OR you can cut that piece out of the bucket....We do have a 7'' tall mold..It should work .... sorry for the confusion earlier....
Thank-you
Chris