What's new

Vacuum Crevice tool

sparkey

Reaction score
I had a customer ask about a small tool to get in to tight places when vacuuming her car. This got me thinking about adding a crevice tool using the "Dualer" valve that kleenrite sells to my vacuum. I wanted to hear some input from a few of you that have crevice tools. Do they get used much? I am afraid I will just add another hose to the vacuum that will never get hung up, get tangled with the other hose, and get ran over all the time. What has your experience been?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
My opinion is that it's not worth the hassle. I'd be concerned with the hose not getting hung up like you said, and also complaints that it "doesn't work". Not sure people would read the sign on how to enable the dealer valve, and the next customer trying the other hose, etc. just too much, while simple for those who understand it, of a learning curve.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Tried dualers. Started out with 4. After positive feedback I now have 14. Not really any more hassles proportionaly. I have 2 vacs per island, so the second hose has a hanger on the back of the second vac. Used a FB Stainless hanger.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I've been using the dualers for a long time,customers figure it out how to use them.Income wise they match my combo units.

Stuart

Reaction score
I put one dualer on and I don't have any more or less problems with it than any other vac and . I am in the process of installing 4 more on my D/H vacs. Then how to install them securely on my JE Adams vacs with the protruding nipple that the hose screws into. The unit will be kind of sticking out away from the vac for people to break. We'll see how it goes.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
How do you guys deal with people not switching them over 100% from 2'inch regular nozzle to the crevice nozzle and then it sucks out of both hoses. I had a friend give me one to try but this was my main issue and my vacuum customers always want strong powerful vacuums and there to stupid to read instructions properly. I would like to see if anyone on here has had that issue

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How do you guys deal with people not switching them over 100% from 2'inch regular nozzle to the crevice nozzle and then it sucks out of both hoses. ...
No such issues for me and I have people who can't figure out "Quarters Only" does not include 2 dimes and a nickel or a dollar bill folded uptightly and jammed in the quarter slot.

MEP001

Reaction score
A bill jammed into the quarter slot is one thing I haven't seen yet myself.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
A bill jammed into the quarter slot is one thing I haven't seen yet myself.
I've probably had that happen 20 times. The all time best was when my SS bays were $1.25. I found one of my $1 off automatic coupons folded around a quarter and stuffed into the SS bay coin slot. That's a special kind of stupid.

Reaction score
Hey, Stuart. I also have D/H vacs. The kind where you have to thread the hose in backwards to attach it. How did you attach your Dualer? Thanks. Chuck

Stuart

Reaction score
Chuck, My D/H vacs have the hose nipple where the hose slides in, not screwed (mine are from 1986-old ones). I have some JEadams that the hose screws into the vac and I think I will need to break off the flanges inside the 2"nipple that the hose is held in with to attach the dualer. I'm still working out the details.