What's new

VIP Wash Club

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
So I've kicked off our VIP Wash Club at our touch free automatic. I have seen quite a good response and am encouraged that this will be a good way for me to have an accounts receivables on a monthly basis. Here is a flyer that we are using to help explain the program. Please take a look and ask any questions you might have.

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
Very interesting concept! I'm assuming you have their CC info and bill at the start of the next month for the previous month? Or is it pre-paid?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
That is correct. I have a customer relationship management application through authorize.net which stores the card info securely to ensure pci compliance and I bill the previous months use and email a bill including all their stops by the wash.

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
Convenient for the customer... more likely to use it too as the ease of pulling out the key doesn't have the sting of pulling out the credit card. I can see this being a big boost for your cashflow.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
That's exactly what we are hoping for. The proxkey as its called makes it very convenient and if there are multiple vehicles in the household, the likelihood of attaining the larger discount is definitely appealing! I will be spending my entire weekend up there working to sign people up and see what kind of feedback I can gather to further enhance the program.

TechGuy

Reaction score
We use HID keyfobs for our doors and alarm system. What system are you using to keep track of this? I'm thinking I could do the same thing pretty easily by connecting a normal door connection, having the relay turn on the wash instead of a door... and then just run a report in the software to see how many times each fob has been used.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I used the IP system from HID supplied by Essex Electronics. My setup is almost exactly like your reference. Works fantastic and am very optimistic that this will be a nice added feature to our auto.

TechGuy

Reaction score
It's a great idea! It sure is a much cheaper solution than anything else I've seen! :)

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I will say this, the majority of my innovations are based on a lack of cost effective options.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Bubbles, nice idea. I like the video on your facebook page.

I'd like to know how the reader is tied into your ACW. Does it simply fire the relay for your top wash or does the customer get to choose which wash they are getting?

Thanks.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
The one limitation is that it does only fire the relay for the top wash. Haven't seen it as too much of an issue yet which is encouraging.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions John. If your key fob fires your top wash relay, how does your ACW know there is a wash in progress? My acw inhibit relay is passive, so at the end of wash it gets energized for 3 seconds telling the acw it's ok to send in another wash. If I manually loaded a wash and another customer pulls up and pays my ACW would send that wash in. How do you overcome that? Would I have run the inhibit relay as active?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I believe that the Wash world Razor has an active signal which overcomes your issue. I've tested this to no end to ensure it wouldn't create issues and no problems as of yet.

Etowah

TechGuy

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a lot. I like the key fob idea, because it's right there in front of them each time they start the car... but then they need to shut off the car's ignition to pull the keys out and scan the fob at the wash? I'm thinking about buying some of these with my wash info on it to supply with the fob: http://www.4imprint.com/search/valet/product/6758/Valet-Key-Separator

The other "problem" is that my current alarm panel only allows up to 199 fobs to be programmed in to it. Of course, I may be due for an upgrade if this takes off. Have you had a good response?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a lot. I like the key fob idea, because it's right there in front of them each time they start the car... but then they need to shut off the car's ignition to pull the keys out and scan the fob at the wash? I'm thinking about buying some of these with my wash info on it to supply with the fob: http://www.4imprint.com/search/valet/product/6758/Valet-Key-Separator

The other "problem" is that my current alarm panel only allows up to 199 fobs to be programmed in to it. Of course, I may be due for an upgrade if this takes off. Have you had a good response?
I use these and yes we are just now ramping up but are seeing a really good response thus far. I'm really excited about the potential and the "receivables" aspect to it!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Bubbles,

Good work on this!

Sorry if I'm confusing diffident technologies, but can this IP system incorporate a antenna and RFID tags instead? Then you can sell subscriptions.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Hi Big, thanks for the compliments. I'm sure something may be possible, but that is definitely outside my electronic skills. If you come up with a solution, let me know because I would love to have it.

TechGuy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, HID Prox isn't designed to be read from far enough away to really work well as an RFID solution. Here are the distances that the key fob can be read by different HID readers, for example:

ProxPoint® Plus reader-up to 1.5" (3.7 cm)
MiniProx™ reader-up to 2" (5 cm)
ThinLine II® reader-up to 2" (5 cm)
ProxPro® reader-up to 3" (7.5 cm)
ProxPro®III reader-up to 4" (10.2 cm)
Prox80™ up to 2" (5.1 cm)
MaxiProx® reader-up to 12" (28 cm)

Reference: http://www.hidglobal.com/products/cards-and-credentials/hid-proximity/1346

They also have HID tags in sticker form that you can add to your own device (or maybe mirror of a car?), but again the read distances are small and I think they'd still be too easy to move from one car to another:

http://www.hidglobal.com/products/cards-and-credentials/hid-proximity/1391