What's new

Wash Gear Stop Button

madscientist

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to tie in the stop button on the Card Mate system with the meter box stop button, so that pressing stop on the meter box stops the credit card count up charge?

MEP001

Reaction score
I installed a Hamilton D.A.N. system that had a "STOP" button. I noticed a lot of customers turning the switch to the stop position and leaving with the timer still counting up. I used a programmable relay so when the rotary switch is turned to stop it closes the circuit for the CC "STOP" button and ends the transaction.

madscientist

Reaction score
Thank you. That's exactly the info I was hoping for. Would you mind sharing which relay you used and where you installed it?

MEP001

Reaction score
Depending on the type of doors you have, you might be able to use a simple DPST relay to momentarily close the circuit for the Wash Gear system when the stop button is pressed. I had to use a programmable relay and input everything from the rotary switch and set it up to close the "STOP" circuit when no output is detected.

I used the Siemens Logo programmable relay - the ladder program is fairly extensive.

Each relay is installed in the bay.

Etowah
Etowah