What's new

Wash world refusing to sell parts?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Working on our first Wash Wold machine and after I gave them my credit card number they refused to sell us parts! Has anyone else had this problem? When I asked to speak with the person who made the decision, it went to voice mail. I am hoping they will at least sell parts directly to the customer. With all the musical chairs of distributorship changes in our area , the customer just wants someone dependable who will be around for a while. I like the machine, its very simple to work on but I would like to use the manufactures parts.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Does Ryko sell parts to competitor's distributors?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I sell to ANYONE within Michigan, I am not afraid of competition.

John Racine

Chemical & Equipment Dist
Reaction score
Give me a call if you like I might be able to help you out with the parts.

John

Rich Andreas

Reaction score
Washworld Parts

Hi Mark:

I wanted to follow up on your earlier post, Washworld does have a distributor covering the Michigan area (Thunderbay Services-Shane Anderson). Parts and Technical Support are always available to any Washworld owner from the distributor in the area or Washworld directly. After seeing your post we contacted Shane and asked that he contact you and get you the items needed to support the end customer, he said he had already contacted your office and left a voicemail for you. Please feel free to contact me directly for any further assistance you may need.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
In your first post you implied that you called Washworld and were turned down. Ryko would do the same. Since you sell Ryko parts and are a distributor it is your company's decision whether to sell to a competitor or not. Why not call the local Washworld distributor to see if they will do the same (I think John Racine has already answered that)? While some distributors will sell to other distributors many do not.

Most manufacturers have agreements with their distributors to only sell through their local distributors which Washworld and Ryko honor. Without that arrangement what would be the value of having or being a distributor? Companies like Mac's that service many different types of equipment may resent how the system works but that is the way it is and is not likely to change anytime soon.

John Racine

Reaction score
Just to clarify we are the Michigan Distributor for PDQ Inc. A couple years ago we were the distributor for Washworld. We still have a small inventory of Washworld parts and would have helped Mark with the parts we had.

mac

Reaction score
This is an area that has always irritated/befuddled/amused me. Just try to think of any other industry that does this. Imagine you are an engine repair shop. You call the local GM dealer for a factory part and are turned down. If you happen to be a minority you can sue them an get on TV and then get your part. I do appreciate the manufacturers that support their distributors. It helps pay the bills. My guess is the guy at WW was having a bad day, and should have referred him to the local distributor. Some distributors though are real jerks. The PDQ guy in FL will not sell to me or other service companies. Can't we all just get along? I'll sell to anyone who will pay their bill.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I was able to get a hold of Shaun today and order parts from him.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
John (Bubbles Galore),
This one is over by me and its a few years old. Shane told me there are very few WW in the state.

John Racine

Reaction score
Mark, we work on a few Ryko machines, I was unaware you would sell the parts. We will give you a call the next time we need parts.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
John,

The customer I am working with has been requesting you remove the two full unopened barrels from the site. They are aware that you want to charge the restocking fee. They are not sure why so much chemical was delivered in the first place, but are willing to pay the restocking fee to get rid of it. I would love to see you remove the alkaline and acid from the site but they have been opened. Would you be willing to give them something for the opened alkaline (its almost full)? Call if you need parts or want to discuss the chemical removal from the site.
Thanks,
Mark