What's new

Well .... I am almost out of the carwash biz as of today.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I say almost because I sold my wash today but I agreed to stay on to help the new owner learn how to run it. I told them I would assist on "as available" basis....if I am available I will help however I can for the next 12 months. It has been a fun ride most of the time but I am getting a bit to old to be climbing up ladders and on top of the buildings. Would like to say I am buying a beach house somewhere with this cash looks like I will be funding my two daughters college tuition and expenses LOL.

Hopefully there will be a little left over for the wife and I to have some fun.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Congratulations. If he wants any more, send him a bit north to central Ky. I'm getting trying to get the word out that I'm wanting to scale back, and be totally out in 6 years. Wish you all the best.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Thanks IB .... my partner and I actually started scaling back about five years ago. I had actually planned to keep the last wash for about 4 more years until I retired from my other full time job but the partners that owned the property next to mine decided they would like to own it more than I did and gave me what I wanted for it.

Maybe I will run into you up Kentucky way one day.....my middle daughter is starting college at UK Lexington in the fall. Think I might just do the Bourbon trail there and back one day. Good Lord I never realized how many Bourbon distilleries there were in Kentucky....seemed like we passed signs for at least 5 or 6 name brands when we went up for her orientation weekend.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I live so close to one of them I can smell the mash. My wife, who is not from this area is not so keen on that little part of life in bourbon country :)