What's new

What is this?

StingerGal

Reaction score
Purchased new 2023 Kia Stinger in March. Just had windows tinted, and spot was pointed out to me. Never noticed before but now see similar mark on factory tinted Sunroof. Have no idea how to remove but is definitely on the outside of the glass. Any help as to what it might be is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

StingerGal

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Any idea what it is? Just curious...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could be cherry juice or similar tree drips. It's kind of difficult to say, considering the fact that it's impossible to say what environmenal conditions the vehicle was exposed to. It's kind of like saying " what made me catch a cold?"

edredtop

Reaction score
Purchased new 2023 Kia Stinger in March. Just had windows tinted, and spot was pointed out to me. Never noticed before but now see similar mark on factory tinted Sunroof. Have no idea how to remove but is definitely on the outside of the glass. Any help as to what it might be is greatly appreciated.
Aaaahh.....I'm a kid again.

In all seriousness it looks like bird poop did some etching or someone with the flu sneezed a big one in between the laminate of your windshield when it was manufactured.
Read this: https://techfeatured.com/automotive...paint-damage-caused-by-bird-poop-in-5-minutes

Attachments

StingerGal

Reaction score
As my post clearly indicates, the mark is on windsheild glass not paint, but thanks.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think he was merely pointing out how bird droppings are acidic and can etch exterior surfaces on a vehicle.

Did you try the 0000 steel wool and windex and if so what was the result?

StingerGal

Reaction score
I have not tried it. Am very nervous to scratch glass as it is in my field of vision. As it's the only suggestion will likely give it a "gentle" go. Eeek

StingerGal

Reaction score
My intent was not to be snippy. I was asking a serious question expecting helpful advice. Not sure how the response from edredtop (with random images/emojis attached to my original picture) fit that bill. Thank you to MEP001 for being so helpful. I appreciate your help.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you won't scratch the glass with 0000 steel wool.

Just don't use it on the side mirrors.