What's new

What's so wrong with the AIG bonuses?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I like Soapys idea, but untill us peasants are at the gate with pitchforks and torches it probably won't happen.
Not enough disgruntled peasants. They have fairly successfully focused public outrage at the bonuses of the fatcats. They're quite good at giving us Bread and Circuses instead....

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
They voided UAW union workers contracts. Don't they count on that extra income to feed their families? Fine, then don't give AIG any money for tax payers and let them have no jobs and no bonus. As far as Dodd's involment goes... that will all come out and he too should go down if it was done with the intent to allow these A-holes to keep their bouses (too which they promised no to take in Sept).

So what happens.... tour buses show up at their million $ homes with angry mobs, death threats, act's of violence. Seem's I remember in History in 1780's the aristrocy in France did much the same. What's next, random acts of violence on local banks and bankers?

How far are you willing to let CEO's push the common working class man? To the brink of social collaspe?

soapy

Reaction score
As I understand it congressman Dodd got $280,000 in campaign money from AIG and he is the one who put the language into the bill that lets AIG give the bonuses. Do you think there is a connection?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it strange that Obama is outraged and Dodd knows nothing about allowing the bonuses when he authored the bill and Obama signed it into law? Who's running the asylum?

Etowah