What's new

What's wrong with this picture?

jimbeaux

Reaction score
I heard on Fox News's Geraldo show Sunday night from a female judge that a woman sprayed her child with 12,000 psi of pressure at a car wash!!! Geraldo's reply talked about how terrible & dangerous it was. He further said the high pressure hose is used to blast bugs from the windshield, not correct kids, it will even blast the paint off the car.
Yes, the judge did say 12,000 lbs of pressure.
I would say even if 1200 lbs (not 12,000) was used it would have done a lot of damage to the poor child.
Just like you never casually point a weapon at anyone you DO NOT point a wash gun at anyone, EVEN IF THE TRIGGER IS NOT PULLED TO OPTAIN HIGH PRESSURE.
It would be nice if the news could use common sense and research the story before telling it.

LisaLyons

Reaction score
I heard a couple of news people saying that 1200 PSI will blast paint off a car when they were talking about this sad story. Let's take a survey - those of us that operate with 1200 PSI on their bays - has it ever "blasted" the car paint off?

No - never.

MEP001

Reaction score
1200 PSI can get under a chip in the paint and lift bits of it off, but it won't remove solid, healthy paint. 12,000 PSI, on the other hand, would slice a person in half.

mac

Reaction score
Don't know why anyone is surprised that the famed journalist, Mr Rivera, could get something wrong. Next thing you know he'll be telling us that Bill Clinton did not have relations with that woman.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I watched this clip. I think the woman is spraying the child without pulling the trigger. At my SS, many times I've seen people washing this way (Low pressure). I say:"pull the trigger". They do and are invariably surprised at the power increase!

I think she's spraying the kid that way, without the trigger pulled. Doesn't make it right or proper parenting, but it would not be child abuse in my mind if it were, in fact, low pressure water.