What's new

Where to buy the basics

tw1012

Reaction score
I just bought a wash and need help procuring the basics.

I bought microfiber towels from Sams but they seem to be leaving little threads on the cars as we dry them. Can you please suggest an alternative product that works better.

I have been using windex to clean the windows but I have been told that the ammonia is bad for window tinting. What works better? Where can I buy large amounts at a reasonable price.

Dash and trim Treatment- What is the best for a reasonable price
Tire Treatment- I have been using Armor All. What works better and who should I buy from?

Thanks,

Trevor

PEI

Reaction score
Some suggestions would be to try Kleen-Rite at kleen-ritecorp.com or Duragloss at duragloss.com. Both can supply you with towels and detail products, as well as, vending supplies. Kleen-Rite offers a wider range of products and have served us well over the years.

MEP001

Reaction score
tw1012 said:
I bought microfiber towels from Sams but they seem to be leaving little threads on the cars as we dry them.
The towels aren't the cause of the threads - are you washing them with cotton towels?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Of course, you know to start on the Buyer's Guide page and support our sponsors first.

tw1012

Reaction score
I am not drying them with cotton but I am using my home washer and dryer which we of course wash cotton in.

MEP001

Reaction score
Washmee said:
I don't know Mep, some of those cheap microfiber towels will shed anyways.
I've bought and used the microfiber towels from Sam's and they don't leave strings or lint, but I'll admit I haven't washed and used them several times yet.

DavidM

Reaction score
We have used the Sams Club microfibers for a couple years. They will start to leave "lint" after a couple dozen washings. The fibers begin to break down and the lint they leave looks like tiny pieces of clear thread.
They do not hold up as well as higher quality ones but they also are dirt cheap. You can replace them more frequently.