What's new

who reads the ACF?

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
One day after posting one simpe question "who is my blue coral/rain X distributer in Tampa" I got a call from my Simoniz rep asking if everything is ok! He said that he was notified by another rep that "Doug has posted on the ACF that he was unhappy and was going to switch chemical suppliers". Which was quite funny.... because I never said that! All I asked was " who was my blue coral rep in the Tampa area" with no further comment (yes that's very rare).

This brings up a sign of the times now in our industry right now.... compatition is very tough as the economy has turned down and, at least in the SE US car washes have dropped in volume dramatically! The distributors have become VERY ASTUTE TO OUR NEEDS and our post here on the ACF. So much so that within 24 hour I got a call about something that I never Dirrectly said... though indirrectly it could have been exstrapolatated that I was considering a switch or inquiring into product (which is what I am doing... Black magic and Rain X).

This has triggered such a fast reaction that I thought it important (and my wife made me mention that she loves Anthony) to pass along that people (business) MONITOR THE FORUM! Your sucess is not only in how you post, what you say or how it is presented..... it is more than that..... it builds your reputation here! Now is the time to STAND BEHIND WHAT YOU SELL (DISTRIBUTORS TAKE NOTE), now is the time to build those bonds (WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER), now is the time to find out who is on YOUR SIDE THROUGH THE HARD TIME WHEN YOU NEED THEM AND COUNT ON THEM TO BE THERE FOR YOU! They want OUR LOYALITY? If they are reading this... then they need to show their loyality to US in return for ALL THOSE YEARS!

Thanks Anthony from Simoniz for being there! They say that in the end, you know who your friends are! Times are tough for most of us now. Those of us with charater show what we are made of... the rest only stick out their hands to grab what they can for the short term.... well dam it... I'm in this for the long haul and I still want LOYALITY!

Others.... post what you want.