What's new

X-stream Touchless Wash

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this machine in action? If you have I would love to hear opinions...I checked out the website after seeing an ad...seemed the design was simple and looked like it would clean well. Maybe I am wrong...any help would be appreciated.

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
Heard anything?

Got quite a few views fast but no responses....has anyone even heard of this machine or am I wasting my time looking into it? ANY info would be great...

Gabriel

Reaction score
If you do not have a great Distributor within 40 miles of you to service the Automatic, I would look elsewhere. There is no feeling like having one of these darlings break down and not having any tech support or Distributor to assist with repairs. Down time and broken down equipment equates to a business killer.

Reaction score
It seems that everyone says buy the auto that the distributor recomends or services, my distributor can handle it all, every type of iba he can handle. It should be that the distributor should adjust to what you are running, they just need to understand the machin abit. I can take my car to any shop and they can work on it, the honda dealer can work on a ford or a gm, I dont understand why everyone says use what the distributor can work on, buy it and he will adjust.

Reaction score
Also i have seen the x treme vids looks like a ok setup, i have seen worse.

Micah Savell

***** member since 2001
Reaction score
We have installed two Xtreme's and love them. Installed one in 2005 and the other in 2006. If you would like to see them in action, please email me and I will give you a link to our cameras. We would be glad for you to visit us in Florida and and see them in action.

jshepard

Reaction score
jshepard

I have looked at alot of equipment and I have first hand experience with the XStream. I can honestly say that it will out clean a G5 hands down and a Vector. Coming from a automated truckwash back ground, I look for different things in a piece of equipment than most people. Cleaning large vehicles are alot different animal than cars. The XStream addresses alot of the issues which reduce the wash quality of touchless wash equipment. It is easy to work on and alot more cost effective than a G5 or Vector. Where are you located?

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
Iowa

I am in Iowa...I put an order in for one with Don...pretty excited to get it up and going!!!! Going to be a real eyed opener for the competition (hopefully a door closer for them too!!!!! LOL)

jshepard

Reaction score
jshepard

Thats great, I pray that everything works out well for you and you make the competition's mouth water. Contact me by email or phone (252-521-4291) and let me know how things progress. Is this a new site or a replacement. If replacement what unit was installed before.

jwsales_1

Reaction score
We have installed two Xtreme's and love them. Installed one in 2005 and the other in 2006. If you would like to see them in action, please email me and I will give you a link to our cameras. We would be glad for you to visit us in Florida and and see them in action.
I spoke with the owner of Xstream this morning.
I am supposed to ride to Richmond tomorrow is it worth my trip?
I really like what i have seen online.
May i see your in-bay cams?

gearjammers

Reaction score
I was wondering how the X-Stream system is performing. Are the people that have them happy with cleaning as well as chemical consumption. Also how is the factory to deal with, do you get your calls answered in an expeditious manner.
Any and all help is appreciated
Thanks Jamie

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
Runs like a top

Should you have a problem...and that will be rare...just call your distrib OR call X-Stream and you will get the man who designed, and built your machine (he is also the owner). It feels good knowing he is like me...Janitor and CEO...involved in EVERY aspect. Simple, tough, and reliable.

A.J.

Prinncet

Reaction score
Any news or recommendation on X Stream Car Wash system. I am considering buying one but need a reference.

mac

Reaction score
Tofar gone, there are both advantages and disadvantages in having one person design, build, and provide tech support. The big advantage of course is that he can answer any question you have. The disadvantage is what happens when he's gone?

DandDCarWash

Reaction score
We are interested in purchasing a new automatic touchless, and have been looking at the X-Stream - Anyone who owns one that could give us a review? Or let us come take a look? (or take a look thru their cameras?)

JustClean

Reaction score
I inquired about a year ago. I liked the simplicity of the design and the price. At the end, however, I went with Washworld due to the fact that it was all stainless steel and a more open bay. After telling the owner (Don) about my decision you should have seen the email. Anyway, it ended with the words:
"Maybe one day their will be an X-stream down the street from you...[snip]...I will work on getting one in your area so you can see the performance of X-Stream for yourself."

If, at the time I wasn't 100% sure that I made the right decision - after that I definitely was! I found this very unprofessional, almost threatening and it confirmed my decision of buying the right machine.

briteauto

Reaction score
I inquired about a year ago. I liked the simplicity of the design and the price. At the end, however, I went with Washworld due to the fact that it was all stainless steel and a more open bay. After telling the owner (Don) about my decision you should have seen the email. Anyway, it ended with the words:
"Maybe one day their will be an X-stream down the street from you...[snip]...I will work on getting one in your area so you can see the performance of X-Stream for yourself."

If, at the time I wasn't 100% sure that I made the right decision - after that I definitely was! I found this very unprofessional, almost threatening and it confirmed my decision of buying the right machine.
Thanks for posting this on the forum. I shared this story with two operators I know that were looking to either upgrade or install new automatics and both had XStream on their short list. Neither one would even consider the machine now.

There are too many quality machines that also have top-notch individuals in their management, support and distribution networks. No need for anyone to have to put up with something like this.