What's new

Your machine ate my $10 bill

Louise

Reaction score
Okay, so I arrive at the wash this afternoon and as I am walking across the parking lot to open the door a man rushes up to me to say that my machine kept his $10 bill. I say, okay, no problem, let's get the bills out. So, the last 5 bills in the validator are 4 ones and one 5. I said, did this happen earlier in the day? Nope, just happened. So I said okay, let's look at the video. Husband returns to finish washing the car and wife steps into my office.

See the video attached. Cannot say if she was hiding from her husband or from the carwash owner, but certainly trying to scam somebody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWPeFoQkjss

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
It's obvious that she didn't loose anything, but maybe not being honest with the husband. Sometimes the people are more comedy than tv and it's interesting to see their acting, or lack of acting skills.

Louise

Reaction score
No Bill, didn't pay them a thing. Clearly pointed out to her that she still had it in her hand. She said, oh, never mind.

Ten minutes later I went out to talk to her husband. I didn't want her to tell him that I wouldn't give her the money. I figured she was scamming him. Anyway, I said 'hey man, are we cool'? And he said, yeah, yeah we are cool. So now I think he must have been in on it too.

I'll put that saved $10 in the surveillance fund for another camera. Boy, have they paid off.

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
I had girl call me once from a wash and tell me she had lost a $5 in the change machine. I said no problem I would send her a refund. 5 minutes later I got a call from the same number and the guy said he lost $20 in the same bill changer. I only have one changer at this location so I was supicious. WHen I got to the location I did find a $5 bill in the bill box and the changer down. I reveiwed the video and the 2 people were together and I saw them both call me. The boyfriend never put anything in the changer and was just trying to scam me. I called the phone back and got the message center. I left a message stating that I needed him to call me back so I could get his name and address so the police would not have to work as hard when they came to arrest him for fraud after showing them the video of the whole thing. I never did get a call back but I am sure I had him worried.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
One day, my wash went down. I had two notes saying that people had lost money. One person claimed she lot $10. The other person claimed she lost $9, her note simply said, "Lost $9, You owe me $9". My wash does not accept money when it is down. My refund buttons are not connected.

The first lady I called said she put in a $5 and four $1's at 2 pm. The second lady said she put in two $5's and the wash went down at 11 am. I called the first lady back and informed her that I found two $5's in the wash and not $9. She then stated that she pressed the refund and got the money back after the wash did not work. She was just being a good samaritan and telling me that it was broke. Without explaining to her that a Hamilton bill acceptor will not return 5 consecutive bills even if the refund button was connected, I asked why her note said, "You owe me $9" if she did not lose any money.

It is so much fun catching people lying.

packerscw

Reaction score
WOW..people are nuts, they aren't happy unless they are getting something free..