What's new

Roundup

Etowah

soapy

Reaction score
I spray weeds around the lots at least once per month. I have always used Roundup with good results. Trouble is that it is very expensive. A quart of super concentrate roundup is $43. It is made up of 41% Glyphosate which is the ingredient that kills all the weeds. A friend who sells these chemicals told me the roundup patent expired and private label replacments are availible now. I found a gallon of the super concentrate in private label for $19. That is like paying about .10 on the dollar for the same thing.

seattleguy

Reaction score
I bought and used the much cheaper concentrate from Lowes. It was called Super Kill or somethign same % Glyphosate you mentioend. It seems to kill slower than roundup but kills everything just the same within a week. It just takes a few more days to see the same results.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I think what he meant was ground clear, supposedly lasts one year, round up is less than a month. At lowes for $20 gal.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Roundup only kills the existing weed and its root. You could plant something (2" or taller) where you sprayed roundup and it would grow fine. A product called Triox will kill weeds and sterilize the soil for one year preventing further weed growth. It may be called something different but it's available at home depot, lowes, etc. The label will state that it is comparable to Triox. It's less $ than roundup.

soapy

Reaction score
I have landscape areas that include trees and flowers. I do not kill everything just the weeds that grow between the stuff I want to keep. I was refering to the roundup super concentrate that you mix up yourself not the prediluted roundup.

seattleguy

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Noxall Granular?

Seems expensive but if works I imagine it is cheaper in bulk?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
fyi 2.5 gallons of concentrate only cost about 15% more than 1 gallon. I always use generic, at the wash and on the farm.